What do you wish people still did?

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I've been going through my CD collection and realized I really miss the old distribution model for music to some extent. Back when there were actually albums that were presented as a whole body of work, instead of a mass of catchy singles. When a single was issued, it came with B-sides, which usually were these rare little gems that rivaled the quality of the single. People put out EPs. There were "Radio Only" tracks that didn't appear anywhere else. Fan clubs would release special tracks for members. Record labels in Europe and Asia would put out high quality bootlegs of live performances.

Now, you can download whatever you want. People cherry pick songs they want and rarely listen to them in the context of anything anymore, usually leading to them missing the point of the song. There really isn't a rarety, you just have to check a newsgroup or torrent to get it for free. Same thing with live shows. While in a way its somewhat nice, it's also kind of sad. There's no thrill in uncovering a hidden treasure. There's no sense of "cool" knowing you have something no one else has or knows about.

What are some other things you wish were still done but aren't anymore.

meesterhappy.gif
meesterhappy.gif

meesterhappy.gif
meesterhappy.gif

meesterhappy.gif
meesterhappy.gif

meesterhappy.gif
meesterhappy.gif

Let kids be kids, and run their own games, no more of this uber-structured society

Let kids duke it out on the playground like they used to, none of this pc no-violence bullshit, school shootings would stop if kids could take aggression out without killing each other

Let store managers actually manage the store and not merely follow the corporation's policy, letting them have the discretion and responsibility to be able to do what is right

i wish people knew how to drive. Just the other day some guy tried to make a right turn from the left lane, almost slamming into the side of me.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Let kids be kids, and run their own games, no more of this uber-structured society

Let kids duke it out on the playground like they used to, none of this pc no-violence bullshit, school shootings would stop if kids could take aggression out without killing each other

Let store managers actually manage the store and not merely follow the corporation's policy, letting them have the discretion and responsibility to be able to do what is right
I'm with you on the strict corporate policy thing. Fucking stupid. Train managers properly and pick people with half a brain and let them make their own calls.

ChikkenNoodul said:

Wow. One of the most coherent and well-thoughtout posts I've read in a while. Are you drunk?

Saturday morning cartoons. And I dont mean like pokemon or some shit, I mean cool funny cartoons that arent just a tool to get kids to buy the toys that go with it. Im talkin bugs bunny & road runner, scooby doo, magilla gorilla and the bananna fucking splitz.

Exit, stage left even.

fly said:
Wow. One of the most coherent and well-thoughtout posts I've read in a while. Are you drunk?
Sadly, no - but I'm considering cracking open a bottle of tequila at my desk today

My boss is out, and the last person holding an officer level position in this building retired two weeks ago, I don't think anyone would notice / care

Drool-Boy said:
Saturday morning cartoons. And I dont mean like pokemon or some shit, I mean cool funny cartoons that arent just a tool to get kids to buy the toys that go with it. Im talkin bugs bunny & road runner, scooby doo, magilla gorilla and the bananna fucking splitz.

Exit, stage left even.

No shit. I tune in on Saturday mornings on occasion and theres nothing there but stupid live shows and japanese product marketing

ChikkenNoodul said:
What new law? FL already has shall-issue CCW

:fly:

That's what the simpering loonies always say whenever a CCW bill is up for a vote, and they're always completely wrong

They are saying its legal now to shoot someone without attempting to retreat first in a public place.

Florida scares me, not because of the gun laws but because of of the people that may be carrying the guns.