What do you think would be a fair measure to let people out of the Proving Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
CletusJones said:
it should show who invited them, then if someone makes a bunch of shitty invites, we should kick them to the proving grounds.
I agree on this. That way people will only invite those that they trust somewhat.

why_ask_why said:
how about full fledged members have the right to use the thumbs deal in the PG...enough positive unique votes gets them upgraded to full member status? this may have already been said

I like the way you think sir. Do you have a newsletter that I could subscriber to?

I Robert I said:
Too lazy to copy the quote. But I agree on this. That way people will only invite those that they trust somewhat.

edit: I see I'm gonna have to copy it anyways...
i think with this and the thumbs up/down rating system we'll be able to maintain a nice environment here.

CletusJones said:
i think with this and the thumbs up/down rating system we'll be able to maintain a nice environment here.
i think so too, unless it becomes a popularity contest and people rate others not based on merit

F33nX said:
i think so too, unless it becomes a popularity contest and people rate others not based on merit
i think if everyone is responsible enough it'll work well. There's always the threat of anything on the intarwebnet.com turning into a popularity contest though. There are always cliques that develop.

why_ask_why said:
how about full fledged members have the right to use the thumbs deal in the PG...enough positive unique votes gets them upgraded to full member status? this may have already been said
The only problem I have with this is the possibility of cliques voting in other members of their clique.

Findakáno said:
The only problem I have with this is the possibility of clicks voting in other members of their click.
hopefully this won't happen if the moderators/admins get a final say in letting people out of the PG, since the moderators will most likely be on a rotating schedule.

F33nX said:
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't think a mass vote will work. Otherwise, people will just vote their friends in and that'll just get us a pack o' morons. That's why something else needs to be figured out.

DirkPhoenix said:
A tribunal of the two admins and the mod of the Proving Grounds. They shall decide based on funnay, the ability to not fuck up a thread, and possible benefit to the forum.
that's going to take alot of work from those mods for each member...

shockthemonkey said:
that's going to take alot of work from those mods for each member...
well, that's the price of having a screening system.

no quantifiable measure would work, since that's easily bypassed. popular vote isn't a real test unless the majority of people really spend some time in the PG and get to know the people there. ratings is the next promising of the three, but implementing it would probably be cumbersome.

theacoustician said:
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't think a mass vote will work. Otherwise, people will just vote their friends in and that'll just get us a pack o' morons. That's why something else needs to be figured out.

if you make the number decently high, say 15 unique votes, that will likely overcome the clique factor

Kabn said:
well, that's the price of having a screening system.

no quantifiable measure would work, since that's easily bypassed. popular vote isn't a real test unless the majority of people really spend some time in the PG and get to know the people there. ratings is the next promising of the three, but implementing it would probably be cumbersome.
unfortuate but true. id like a voting system, but not everyone wants to vote on every post made....

shockthemonkey said:
unfortuate but true. id like a voting system, but not everyone wants to vote on every post made....
or even every user that wants to join.

Kabn said:
or even every user that wants to join.
ah what can you do? I say we just make the main forum a *cough* PMO-type thing where the select few can view/post and the proving grounds are the main forum for everyone else. ON the rare occasion that a member creates a brilliant thread, or something along those lines, we can give them access.

edit: we won't call it PMO

edit: call it OPM!

edit: mmmmm opiummmmm

edit:

edit: the above edit intentionally left blank

edit: :spam:

We should paddle them. In the ass.

"This one is called, the 'Unblinking Eye'!...and this is 'Crossing the Desert'!...now, for the final ordeal...the 'Paddling of the Swollen Ass!'...with paddles!"

Status
Not open for further replies.