What do you think would be a fair measure to let people out of the Proving Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
theacoustician said:
ITT, you state your ideas for what criteria n00bs need to pass to get out of the Proving Grounds.

Proof that they are not their alter-egos on other sites.
Lack of flaming towards the others
No goatse

I agree with Dirk. They must provide the funnay in mass quantities.

And they must dance for us.

Coqui said:
Proof that they are not their alter-egos on other sites.
Lack of flaming towards the others
No goatse

That could be accomplished simply by not posting until whatever trial period was arranged. Perhaps there should also be a specific number of posts required before turning a new member loose on the rest of the forum? Maybe that wouldn't work, I dunno.

The ability to contribute, and not just use the forum as their personal blog.

DirkPhoenix said:
A tribunal of the two admins and the mod of the Proving Grounds. They shall decide based on funnay, the ability to not fuck up a thread, and possible benefit to the forum.

Ya, a subjective, rather than a physical measuring stick would be harder to fake.

edit - does that make sense or is my coffee buzz fucking with me?

BigDov said:
So basically, their popularity elsewhere does not equal instant celebrity status & posting rights here? Perfect.

Ding Ding Ding

In fact, it should work against them.
The people letting them in shouldn't be their friends from other forums.

Mondoz said:
Ding Ding Ding

In fact, it should work against them.
The people letting them in shouldn't be their friends from other forums.

I think that'll be the hard part to monitor though- most of the 'clicks' seem to have a pack mentality and it'll be the friends doing the inviting.........

All they should need to prove is the ability to not be a moron. Not everyone can be funny, hell, none of you fuckers are....:fly:

Past personalities on other forums should have no bearing for or against their acceptance on here.

they need to be given the stamp of approval by the elpmis - which can only be achieved by graduating from Elpmis University with a degree in 'not fucking sucking'

BigDov said:
I think that'll be the hard part to monitor though- most of the 'clicks' seem to have a pack mentality and it'll be the friends doing the inviting.........

Oversight committe.

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week...

...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...

...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major....

Mondoz said:
Oversight committe.

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week...

...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...

...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major....
what?

Status
Not open for further replies.