What do you think about Wendy's vanilla Frosty?

A Blizzard isn't a milkshake. You can't drink it through a straw. Its more like soft serve.
If you have to use a spoon, it isn't a milkshake.
That's an arbitrary definition. Milkshakes can be made with milk and ice cream and be thick as hell. A straw is a tool used for drinking, so I'd say if you can't drink it, then it's not a milkshake. But it doesn't hinge on a straw.

Edit: I think a blizzard could classify as a milkshake as you can drink it. You might have to give it a minute or two to defrost, but it is possible.

Last edited:
I don't typically have a problem with Frosties. Brusters and DQ are so thick and full of largish chunks of goodness that I can't consume them through a straw.
Why is a straw such a big deal to you? I will refrain from obvious dick jokes as I'd like to know your real fascination with them.

Why is a straw such a big deal to you? I will refrain from obvious dick jokes as I'd like to know your real fascination with them.
Because a milk shake is an ice cream based product consumed through a straw. If its melted enough to drink by pouring it into your mouth, its just flavored milk at that point. If its hard enough to require a spoon, its some form of ice cream.

Because a milk shake is an ice cream based product consumed through a straw. If its melted enough to drink by pouring it into your mouth, its just flavored milk at that point. If its hard enough to require a spoon, its some form of ice cream.
All milkshakes able to be consumed with straws can also be poured into your mouth. Therefore they are also just flavored milk.

All milkshakes able to be consumed with straws can also be poured into your mouth. Therefore they are also just flavored milk.
I don't know about you, but the few times I've tried what you're suggesting, the shake sits in the bottom of the cup until I pound the bottom, which results in the shake as a whole leaving the cup and residing on all part of my face and shirt. There is no elegant way to drink a milkshake by pouring. It must be viscous enough not to be free flowing and require suction to consume.

I don't know about you, but the few times I've tried what you're suggesting, the shake sits in the bottom of the cup until I pound the bottom, which results in the shake as a whole leaving the cup and residing on all part of my face and shirt. There is no elegant way to drink a milkshake by pouring. It must be viscous enough not to be free flowing and require suction to consume.
I have never had such a problem. Also, I don't have some hang up about straws and will use a fucking spoon if need be.