what do you think about assisted-suicide?

no - i don't play politics with peoples lives. i'm not a fucking partisan shitbag who has nothing else to do but try to find solace in shitty ideological politics and surrounds himself with xenophobic assclowns to legitimize his own 'edgy' opinions, then comes on here to run them by us like he's just floated up the fucking nile in a stars and stripes bound machine gun nest.

jesus, just fuck up already your gimmick is as transparent as a priest in a hedge

Have to agree with polo about the NHS. It's one of the most solid health care schemes in the world.

You cant implement something similar in the US though there is no evolutionary parallel. The NHS sprung out of WW2 nationalisation. It wasnt some master plan. The US would need a 'master plan' which rarely work. Insurance companies arent just going to disappear, implementing a huge government department will have flaws etc.

Last edited:
Universal Health Care sucks unless you like long waiting lines for your primary health care. I wonder why so many Canadians on the border come south for their health care. Maybe because they don't have to wait six months to get simple health care done. Heaven forbid if your are elderly. Just go off and die. :rolleyes:

something like 90% of the canadian populace lies within 100 miles of the us...just throwing that out there

A health service that has been free at the point of care is idolized world round, and not even Thatcher dared touch it. For all it's shortcomings, it's still one of the best systems we have. Queues exist for a reason.

I'll make the assumption that you know absolutely nothing about medical practice, and leave it at that.

Have to agree with polo about the NHS. It's one of the most solid health care schemes in the world.

You cant implement something similar in the US though there is no evolutionary parallel. The NHS sprung out of WW2 nationalisation. It wasnt some master plan. The US would need a 'master plan' which rarely work. Insurance companies arent just going to disappear, implementing a huge government department will have flaws etc.

If the British system is so wonderful. Then why do people come to the U.S. to get treated instead of the U.K.? Follow the money. People will always vote with their feet and wallets.

I'm not a troll just speaking what what Founding Fathers would say. :tard::rolleyes:
while you may be old. I don't think even you knew what was on the founding father's minds. No one alive today does. with out the aid of time machines. and frankly even if you did. guess what? things change and what once was will be but dust in the wind.

Dust, Wind, Dude...

while you may be old. I don't think even you knew what was on the founding father's minds. No one alive today does. with out the aid of time machines. and frankly even if you did. guess what? things change and what once was will be but dust in the wind.

Dust, Wind, Dude...

qft. :hs:

Dust, Wind, Dude...

Wrong Try reading things like the Federalist Papers, The Northwest Ordnance, their personal diaries, The Real George Washington, Real Benjamin Franklin , The Real Thomas Jefferson, and Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation just for starters.

If the British system is so wonderful. Then why do people come to the U.S. to get treated instead of the U.K.? Follow the money. People will always vote with their feet and wallets.
People in the US go to Mexico and Canada to buy prescriptions because of price controls and brazil for plastic surgery. Does that mean Mexico and Brasil have better health care? The myth that great numbers of British and Canadians flock to american hospitals has been passed down for years.

Truth is, people with the means will seek out the best treatment in the world for various things and most of the places they go are Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center or Mayo in MN not because the american system is better, just because these hospitals are the best in the world for what they treat.

If the NHS was universally bad it would have been scrapped. One of the reasons it coalesced post WW2 is because doctors were making -more- money under it than privately. Canada uses a completely different system.

You didnt read all of what I said because I also pointed out it would never work so well in the US. The message was dont criticise until you actually go out and read something for yourself. If you did, you'd know it that the implementation was practically a-political. There are things to criticize the UK for but the NHS is pretty far down the list.

or I could go out and write my own papers and not give a flying fuck what some old dead dudes think becasue they have no current say so on my life.

Your legal system is based mostly on the writings of a 16th century English politician. Who was educated by 3000 year dead greeks. Cry more.

I've already started having conversations with people in my family and around me that if something bad happens to me in the lab with what I'll be working with, they're just going to have to let it go, and deal with me dying in private (I told them there'd be phone calls). When I get cleared, I'm writing out my will, and getting a living will as well. It just goes with the territory :shrug: