What do you think about 2007 in the computing industry?

What about the home user thats not a complete dumbass tho?

the deal where it pops up security warnings every time you run a program and all that crap can be disabled. At least it could in Vista Beta II. I was running Beta II on a P4 3.06 GHz with 2 Gigs of ram and it ran just fine at default settings. That pc is now 4 years old. From what I could tell, most features could be turned on or off without too much trouble...but if you turn it all off then all you are left with is Win XP anyways.

the deal where it pops up security warnings every time you run a program and all that crap can be disabled. At least it could in Vista Beta II. I was running Beta II on a P4 3.06 GHz with 2 Gigs of ram and it ran just fine at default settings. That pc is now 4 years old. From what I could tell, most features could be turned on or off without too much trouble...but if you turn it all off then all you are left with is Win XP anyways.

Even in XP I turn all the fancy shit off and run the classic desktop anyways.

Vista = 10-15% performance decrease because of feature bloat

People always say that because the beta 2 they downloaded was slow, or because its prettier it has to be more bloated. Its going to be just like the first w2k days, the slowness is due to drivers. Once people are used to the new design it will be just as quick if not quicker than the previous version.