What do you northerns do when...?

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
It's winter and the furnace dies? It'll be fixed sometime tomorrow, but in the mean time, we need to find ways to keep the house warm. It's going to be in the 20's tonight. We have a couple of space heaters. Any other ideas?

theacoustician said:
It's winter and the furnace dies? It'll be fixed sometime tomorrow, but in the mean time, we need to find ways to keep the house warm. It's going to be in the 20's tonight. We have a couple of space heaters. Any other ideas?

When that happens, there's really no way to keep the house as warm as you can with your furnace :( You either sleep under a pile of blankets or go to a motel for the night or something.

Our furnace went out last winter and luckily there's family nearby; we just went and stayed with them............

Gas Stove? Fire it up and sleep in the kitchen. Up here you have to keep the house warm enough so the pipes don't freeze. So someone has to stay behind to keep things going if the furnace does go out.

if you just bundle up, i can only imagine how much it will suck to get out of bed the next morning. or out of the shower.

with these in mind, i'd just hit a hotel for the night or stay with friends.

Kabn said:
if you just bundle up, i can only imagine how much it will suck to get out of bed the next morning. or out of the shower.

with these in mind, i'd just hit a hotel for the night or stay with friends.
I would do this if we didn't have cats and dogs to worry about

theacoustician said:
cats burn well and would provide you with hours of warmth. Dogs are good to snuggle with.

put you pets in the dryer on low and find someone to cuddle with. :) problems sloved.

theacoustician said:
i don't know about cats, but my 13 year old dog has made it through 20-something degree nights with no trouble as long as she has a bed and a relatively enclosed space. they can curl up a lot better than we can, and have fur.

but i guess i'd cram towels or whatever around the doors/windows/vents of whatever room is directly attached to a bathroom (if any) and just pack everyone in there with the space heaters and whatever clothes you need for the morning.

JJ Lady said:
Country in and Suites takes animals :)

Fire place will help some and its romantic. You and the wife can make some heat of your own :hi2u:
He's just worried since the hair on his head has been depleted. Nothing to keep the head warm.

Poor fella.