What do you listen to at work?

so what kinds of animals does Sarcasmo have at home to keep him company?

gottoys? said:

the leftover leopard-print panties he makes into a puppet every night, which then cuddles with him and tells him everything's gonna be OK.

gottoys? said:

None. I've been thinking about getting another cat, but my apartment is so damn boring I wouldn't want it to kill itself.

theacoustician said:
He's already got several Congressmen behind him, just not enough yet to bring up the issue in before the House.
He does not have a firm grip in reality if he thinks Congress will EVER give up the tax code.

theacoustician said:
They aren't going to have a choice.
I totally disagree.

This won't happen anytime in the near future. You have to educate the masses first. Otherwise, they will just shit when they hear of a 23% sales tax. Education takes a LONG time.

Without the masses, no smart congressman will give up his/her rewards system.

btw: I've heard suggestions that a 10% sales tax would actually be enough as it would pull everyone out of their tax shelters...

fly said:
I totally disagree.

This won't happen anytime in the near future. You have to educate the masses first. Otherwise, they will just shit when they hear of a 23% sales tax. Education takes a LONG time.

Without the masses, no smart congressman will give up his/her rewards system.

btw: I've heard suggestions that a 10% sales tax would actually be enough as it would pull everyone out of their tax shelters...
Oh, I agree it will take time. No doubt. But without serious reform or complete rebuilding of the tax code, we're going to be in big trouble. I think Congress even knows it, but wants to stall for as long as humanly possible because it would require work and possibly upsetting some lobbist.

theacoustician said:
Oh, I agree it will take time. No doubt. But without serious reform or complete rebuilding of the tax code, we're going to be in big trouble. I think Congress even knows it, but wants to stall for as long as humanly possible because it would require work and possibly upsetting some lobbist.
it will happen when we rebuild this nation, imho. As in, a total collapse of the government.