what do you DO with your money?

Yeah I don't even think about my 401k, I have that automatically deducted along with my Roth IRA and company stock purchases.

mine's auto deducted as well but I'm putting in 7% of my income so I certainly miss it...company matches 160% up to 4% so that comes out to ~13.4 % total

mine's auto deducted as well but I'm putting in 7% of my income so I certainly miss it...company matches 160% up to 4% so that comes out to ~13.4 % total

I think I contribute about 7% throughout my savings, IRA, 401k, etc. I put the bare minimum (about 3%) in my 401k just enough to make sure that I will get what the company will match. My company matches 100% of the first five hundred, and 50% of the second five hundred.

I spend it on the kids. I got Ian 2 very cute onesies for only 3.77 a peice on Sat. Also on fast food, I hate cooking. Knyte buys video games.

I have a spreadsheet that goes through January 2009, in it I put all of my projected expenses, and I update it daily with our actual expenses. It is meant to track and budget from now until the end of the year.

It's really interesting to see how expenditures today impact my daily balance 6 months from now.

It's the only way I could figure out how to pay off our debt, monthly expenses, and budget savings for the house.

Mostly our money goes to pay off debt, then we order take out a lot. I'd say most of our spending money is for dinners.

Normal spending, I spend a little bit on CDs every now and then, if it is a band I really want to support and/or get a decent quality mp3 rip of. Other than that, I don't really spend a lot of money, cuz I make so little. Edit: recently I've been hitting up government auctions for used computer/networking crap, that I either keep and refurbish or flip on eBay.

What little money I had made recently, I spend on a trip to Worcester on Friday to today. 3 nights hotel room, cab rides (cheaper than trying to find parking at the concert event), concert ticket, food, gas, and tolls.

Last edited: