What do you argue about?

I am mainly. As I'm getting older I'm kinda reforming my pallate and eating odd bits of fish and free range meat etc. I am completely against mass produced meat though, it's not right.

I have been veggie since about age 8 so I don't really know much about meat, never even cooked it. I've cooked a tuna steak a few times, that's all :)

Meh, French food leaves no space for being vegetarian. Plus I think British food done properly is best, obviously. But really I do love our national dishes and I replicate them but with fake meats. Can't beat a good shepards pie. :drool:

Um no. British food is not the best. Not in lightyears. British "cuisine" is built upon utilitarian reasons; the pastie for example built for a full high-calorie meal for miners to hold in one hand, or any boiled dishes like haggis because the only cooking vessel peasents had was a pot.

Almost every other culture has recipes that are not just utilitarian, but are built for style and experience; like using ingredients to hieghten flavor or smell or sights. It is that extra level of detail and effort and expense that by definition is not a part of British "cuisine".

That being said (from a half Scottish first gen American) my SO and I rarely argue and if we argue, it is over very trite things like where to go for dinner or we have too many beer bottles and corresponding glasses to store.

Meh, French food leaves no space for being vegetarian. Plus I think British food done properly is best, obviously. But really I do love our national dishes and I replicate them but with fake meats. Can't beat a good shepards pie. :drool:
i could use a good shepards pie recipe. hook me up.

Dan and I only seem to argue when we are both stressed and the arguments are usually no big deal. We debate a lot and we both love it. We wouldn't get along if we couldn't do that.

I don't think British cuisine is very good. Dull might be the word I'm looking for here.

Maybe you should try some modern British food sometime dz. British food isn't all stodge and carbs and about feeding miners you know. :)

No, but it is inspired by those good cooks just south of them, not truely British.

Boiled meats but plated up French style :lol:

I was serious, I don't know much about Brit food, all I see on TV is Ramsay serving up French food, and Jamie Oliver completely bastardizing Italian food. I know Heston Blumenthal and Fergus Henderson are doing some pretty interesting stuff, but otherwise I'm stumped.

i realized we don't argue much last night.

I offer something that she might could improve on. She tells me why it's my fault that she's like that. I internalize the anger to avoid an argument.