Pics What conservatives want (don't want).

I'd rather pay $0 on gas, and convert to electricity, but those big oil needs to break last years profit records.

burning oil produces energy. electricity is a byproduct of the release of energy.

I think you meant "convert to happy flowers and warm fuzzies that I think don't hurt the world."

your warm and fuzzy electric car that you plug into the wall isn't fueled by magic.

type in your zip code. this is cool:
http://www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-and-you/how-clean.html

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Money in is not going to equal the same amount when coming out 30-40 years later. Inflation fucks you.

That wasn't what we meant. We meant for year 2009 for example if X dollars come in through social security tax, X is the amount of money that is paid out to the number of recipients. So in years where aggregate income is lower, benefits would be proportionately lower and vica versa.

oil is a producer of energy. electricity is a byproduct of the release of energy.

I think you meant "convert to happy flowers and warm fuzzies that I think don't hurt the world."

your warm and fuzzy electric car that you plug into the wall isn't fueled by magic.

He's been working on a fuel efficient car that runs on grumpiness. He gets into his car and talks into a microphone. All of his grumpy comments get converted into electricity.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
That wasn't what we meant. We meant for year 2009 for example if X dollars come in through social security tax, X is the amount of money that is paid out to the number of recipients. So in years where aggregate income is lower, benefits would be proportionately lower and vica versa.

What I did there is pure wealth redistribution. But lets not kid ourselves, that's exactly what social security is.

Last edited:
Good to know. I thought it was generally lower everywhere.

And I'm actually surprised there isn't a sales tax on top of that in MA, since that's considered an "excise tax". That happened with liquor recently, which has an excise tax but wasn't taxed at the register, the state enacted an additional sales tax on top of the excise tax. Fortunately, it was repealed in the last election.

burning oil produces energy. electricity is a byproduct of the release of energy.

That's a bit of an oversimplification. Electricity isn't considered a 'byproduct' of the release of energy. Burning a fossil fuel produces heat. Heat is used to convert water to steam. Steam is used to turn turbines which power generators which create electricity. You are converting energy from one form to another.

And oil only generates about 2% of the electricity used in the US.

Yeah I agree with that. I was just making a random comment..

I dunno where you have been over the last 20-30 years, but there are other ways to make energy other than burning fuels.

He's been working on a fuel efficient car that runs on grumpiness. He gets into his car and talks into a microphone. All of his grumpy comments get converted into electricity.

Kinda like your new concept car that runs on lame jokes..

I saw this and thought it might add food for thought to this thread. Or maybe it's just nothing but garbage. I don't know either way because I haven't read too much into this..

2-4-11bud-f1.jpg

just further proof, you give someone entitlements they become dependent on them. social security, medicade, all the way down to welfare, foodstamps, section 8 housing, etc.