Pics What conservatives want (don't want).

Casper

Bobbert Cheapstein
Oct 6, 2009
just further proof, you give someone entitlements they become dependent on them. social security, medicade, all the way down to welfare, foodstamps, section 8 housing, etc.

It's not that they are dependent on them. Entitlements are expected. That's part of the definition of entitlement.

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
people who paid into social security for 40+ years simply want to see some return, no matter how shitty, on their "investment".

the proper way to end it would be anyone over 30 will get it, anyone under 30 won't but will still pay into until they reach the age of 30. eventually the system will be done and those of us under 30 can be thankful we didn't get raped our entire lives for nothing but only for part of it. this way the thing can stay funded and very few people will be butt hurt when it's gone.

Casper

Bobbert Cheapstein
Oct 6, 2009
people who paid into social security for 40+ years simply want to see some return, no matter how shitty, on their "investment".

the proper way to end it would be anyone over 30 will get it, anyone under 30 won't but will still pay into until they reach the age of 30. eventually the system will be done and those of us under 30 can be thankful we didn't get raped our entire lives for nothing but only for part of it. this way the thing can stay funded and very few people will be butt hurt when it's gone.

So all you've done here is minimized the number of contributors.

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
negative, it puts an end of life on the program. anyone under 30 will contribute but will never receive, and in 60 years the thing will have run its course.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Just a hunch.. But I'm sure the problem isn't this easy to solve..

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
i'm sure it's not, but it's a decent way to end the program set up to suck money from the youth and barely sustain the old.

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
i'm sure it's not, but it's a decent way to end the program set up to suck money from the youth and barely sustain the old.

they weren't able to forecast there would be 15-20 years added to the avg lifespan due to medical advancements when they created the program way back when

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
they weren't able to forecast there would be 15-20 years added to the avg lifespan due to medical advancements when they created the program way back when

its still a shit system. common theme seems to be "well, it'd be difficult to get rid of this shit system so lets just keep it as is so we have some talking points during every election from now until forever"

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
its a shit system and 98% of the people receiving benefits would do a shitton better if they had the money to invest in their own personal retirements instead.

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
its a shit system and 98% of the people receiving benefits would do a shitton better if they had the money to invest in their own personal retirements instead.

A lot of people aren't responsible enough to invest in their retirement.

plot

Morning Boehner
Oct 16, 2006
kansas city
i agree with chikken. can't hold everyones hands, if you mis-invested and end up working until the day you die... how is that my fault? should i work 10 extra years before i can retire just so we can have your retirement covered?

it's a bullshit system. i don't think you can retire on social security alone anyways.

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
i agree with chikken. can't hold everyones hands, if you mis-invested and end up working until the day you die... how is that my fault? should i work 10 extra years before i can retire just so we can have your retirement covered?

it's a bullshit system. i don't think you can retire on social security alone anyways.
while i agree, it was not intended as a sole source of retirement.

Casper

Bobbert Cheapstein
Oct 6, 2009

The problem with that is when they get older these people will reach a point where they are unable to work physically. Since it's not socially acceptable to just push them out on an ice floe as the Eskimos did, they become an increasingly expensive burden on the system. Social security is guaranteed and steady. The investment return shouldn't be that great.

THE WEAK SHOULD BECOME BIOFUEL

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!!