What colour would you paint just one wall?

Think about it. If there are windows directly opposite, you paint it a light colour it looks like white in the day anyway.

Windows perpendicular to the plane of the wall cast shadows makes it look dirty.

Also the one wall one different colour thing is... well it's something to do, but it's not really anything new, at worst it's annoying, at best it's mundane. If there are windows opposite you can make it dark to cut down on glare, but I'd repaint the entire room off white-matte so it doesnt look dirty when it gets dusty.

Also the one wall one different colour thing is... well it's something to do, but it's not really anything new, at worst it's annoying, at best it's mundane. If there are windows opposite you can make it dark to cut down on glare, but I'd repaint the entire room off white-matte so it doesnt look dirty when it gets dusty.

not any thing new? annoying? mundane? I didn't for one second suggest that this was some new idea. Just asked for opinions on colour. I'll do it and take photos.

I have on wall in my kitchen a bright ruby-ish pink. It looks great and every man I know loves it too so it can't be that bad. Had to be a bold colour if it's just one wall y'see.

Alternatively you could get some of that fancy designer wallpaper that is all textured and do one wall in that.

well the sofa is red. But I live on my own so can do what the fuck i want. But I do take your point, I think your basically saying don't paint it too weird or everyone with think your a nut when they come round.

Yeah, you dont want to paint it too weird a colour. Otherwise your 'girlfriends' will forget to take their payment with them when they leave!! :fly:

Or, on second thoughts, maybe you do!!

I've been a fan lately of gray walls.

gray-walls.jpg

deep red, forest green, or slate blue always make for an awesome accent wall. i love the look of it to. as long as it doesnt clash with the furniture, you cant go wrong.

saw a slate blue accent wall recently that made a huge difference to the room it went in.