What colour would you paint just one wall?

Asbo

Flaccid Member
Apr 17, 2009
Lon-don
Marklar
₥0
I want to paint one wall in my front room a colour and leave the rest white. Has anyone done this in their gaff? If so what worked or what do you think would work?
At the moment I want to to it IKB (International Klein Blue) not because I like blue very much but because I love Yves Klein and he made that colour. Someone at work said, well that's not really a good enough reason to paint a whole wall! So what colour have you or would you paint just one wall in the room you spend the most time in your house?

Is that enough forum?!?! Damm you!

The first wall we did like this, was bright red. It was awesome, a great focal point and everyone commented on it. Since then, I've just been painting whole rooms. What color? We'll we have some blue, a little accent of tan, more blue, a pink and green room, another green room, and my room will be purple, oh and the bathroom chocolate brown.

So, do it whatever color you like!

The only things that will be left white in my house by the time I'm done is trim and some ceilings.

wow, that's like aquarium mural blue o_O
my parents have done it with wallpaper before, but not with a paint accent wall.
if i had to choose, it'd be my favorite color, british racing green :D

yeah I'm thinking red as well actually kiwi, but I really like the idea of that blue, is the idea and the reason more important that the overall look?

What I'm trying to ask is that if you do something slightly odd does the reason for it overide the aesthetics?

yeah I'm thinking red as well actually kiwi, but I really like the idea of that blue, is the idea and the reason more important that the overall look?

What I'm trying to ask is that if you do something slightly odd does the reason for it overide the aesthetics?

Do you like that color blue? Could you live with seeing it on your wall everyday? Do you have accents that compliment the blue to help tie it in to your decorating?

Why is painting it that color odd, if you like it, use it.

wow, that's like aquarium mural blue o_O
my parents have done it with wallpaper before, but not with a paint accent wall.
if i had to choose, it'd be my favorite color, british racing green :D

do you like it though? Would you paint a room British Racing Green?

Do you like that color blue? Could you live with seeing it on your wall everyday? Do you have accents that compliment the blue to help tie it in to your decorating?

Why is painting it that color odd, if you like it, use it.

yep, I think its a lovely colour. What do you mean by accents?

Paint it white.

You know.

So it matches the other walls.

Duh.

Btw, you fail to include relevant information like the placement of windows, furniture, lights etc.

yep, I think its a lovely colour. What do you mean by accents?

If you have a bright pink couch or a purple curtain to go in the room, it probably wouldn't fit to well, but if the other colors you currently have in the room match it, no one will realize that it wasn't all done to be visually appealing as well as have some back story.

If you have a bright pink couch or a purple curtain to go in the room, it probably wouldn't fit to well, but if the other colors you currently have in the room match it, no one will realize that it wasn't all done to be visually appealing as well as have some back story.

well the sofa is red. But I live on my own so can do what the fuck i want. But I do take your point, I think your basically saying don't paint it too weird or everyone with think your a nut when they come round.