What Are Your Thoughts on Michael Vick?

Dogs are companion animals.

They're also carnivorous pack killers who humans exploited thousands of years ago for protection and help with hunting. I think it's funny that we would revile pitting them against each other but we don't an eyelash when it comes to bloating bird livers for foie gras or stabbing herbivorous bulls through the heart to the cheers of thousands or torturing countless animals to make kosher foods or forcing countless other animals to live in horrible conditions prior to slaughter so we can eat them. Talk about ridiculous irony. Kind of renders the entire argument pointless to be so selective about what battle you choose to fight.

If I were an animal and got to pick how I would die, guess which fate I'd go with?

Oh and don't forget the habitats we annihilate on a daily basis or the species we've hunted to extinction for no reason.

We never give a shit about animals, but dog fighting is a horrible, sinful, repulsive crime.

:rolleyes:

Oh and don't forget the habitats we annihilate on a daily basis or the species we've hunted to extinction for no reason.

We never give a shit about animals, but dog fighting is a horrible, sinful, repulsive crime.

:rolleyes:

All animal fighting for human enjoyment is a horrible, heinous act. Animals fighting in the wild is one thing, animals trained to kill other animals by humans is cruelty.

All animal fighting for human enjoyment is a horrible, heinous act. Animals fighting in the wild is one thing, animals trained to kill other animals by humans is cruelty.

My point is that people are hypocrites, and it's annoying. We have a history of apathy. We talk a big game, but in truth the only thing we care about is the sentiment involved in the animals we love to dress up in little sweaters and talk to like people and generally personify. Aside from that we tend to ignore every single similar issue because it's inconvenient to care.

Personally I couldn't care less about dog fighting. The dogs are doing exactly what they want to do, namely tear each other to shreds. The fact that people put them in that situation is merely incidental.

The only part of the whole thing that I care about is the unnecessary methods of dealing with the losing dogs. It's pointless to kill them in anything less than a quick and efficient manner. They could have simply put a bullet through their skulls, but instead they seem to have picked out as many barbaric styles of execution as they could come up with. Why not just tie the dogs to horses, draw and quarter them, and then mail their pieces around the world? :lol:

Last edited:
My point is that people are hypocrites, and it's annoying. We have a history of apathy. We talk a big game, but in truth the only thing we care about is the sentiment involved in the animals we love to dress up in little sweaters and talk to like people and generally personify. Aside from that we tend to ignore every single similar issue because it's inconvenient to care.

Personally I couldn't care less about dog fighting. The dogs are doing exactly what they want to do, namely tear each other to shreds. The fact that people put them in that situation is merely incidental.

The only part of the whole thing that I care about is the unnecessary methods of dealing with the losing dogs. It's pointless to kill them in anything less than a quick and efficient manner. They could have simply put a bullet through their skulls, but instead they seem to have picked out as many barbaric styles of execution as they could come up with. Why not just tie the dogs to horses, draw and quarter them, and then mail their pieces around the world? :lol:

Dressing dogs in clothes is cruelty. [zengirl you too!]

Dog fighting is cruelty because they use "practice animals" to train their beasts.

pretty sick that we care more about the plight of dogs than of the zillion homeless and impoverished people in the US...sure the dogs can't make a choice where people can maybe do something to better their situation but it's still pretty sick that we value pets over people

pretty sick that we care more about the plight of dogs than of the zillion homeless and impoverished people in the US...sure the dogs can't make a choice where people can maybe do something to better their situation but it's still pretty sick that we value pets over people

People aren't 'companion pets'. And I'm not mocking April by saying that, either. She hit the nail on the head. And it's pretty sad.

I honestly don't give two shits about people because of what you said exactly... they can better their situation.

Animals on the other hand cannot and have to suffer the trauma us humans put them through.

I honestly don't give two shits about people because of what you said exactly... they can better their situation.

Animals on the other hand cannot and have to suffer the trauma us humans put them through.

a lot of impoverished people have kids...is it the kids fault they're stuck in some shit life? DOGS RULE :fly:

When fighting each other, pitbulls aren't thinking "Oh God please no more pain....please no I don't want to fight."

They're thinking "YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD. I'M GONNA CHEW YOUR EARS OFF, SUCK OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND SPIT THEM UP YOUR LACERATED COLON."

They're also carnivorous pack killers who humans exploited thousands of years ago for protection and help with hunting. I think it's funny that we would revile pitting them against each other but we don't an eyelash when it comes to bloating bird livers for foie gras or stabbing herbivorous bulls through the heart to the cheers of thousands or torturing countless animals to make kosher foods or forcing countless other animals to live in horrible conditions prior to slaughter so we can eat them. Talk about ridiculous irony. Kind of renders the entire argument pointless to be so selective about what battle you choose to fight.

If I were an animal and got to pick how I would die, guess which fate I'd go with?

good point.