What a bunch of BS

FlyNavy said:
cool

but still, don't assume that the ideas of our politicians reflects those of the people.
Hence what I've been saying all along, Burkian Model representation, aka "Trusteeship"

From an Article [Wikipedia]

The trustee model of representation is a model of a representative democracy. Constituents elect their representatives as 'trustees' (or 'entrust' them) for their constituency. These 'trustees' have sufficient autonomy to deliberate and act in favor of the greater common good and national interest, even if it means going against the short-term interests of his or her own constituency. The model provides a solution to the problem uninformed constituents that do not have the necessary knowledge on issues to take an educated position.

Thing is we also have a Constitution that's supposed to protect certain rights. These "trustees" have been violating it for years. The War on Drugs created loopholes for direct violations of the 4th and 5th, the FCC was specifically created to infringe on freedom of speech, the gun control acts of 34 and 68 as well as the assault weapons ban are direct violations of the second amendment.

Galen said:
That's a representative democracy of burkian theory.

"Republic" isn't a style of government.
You are just arguing semantics. When all else fails just dispute the meaning of the actual words. Most representative democracys are termed Republic. :rolleyes:

There are distinctions between the terms "republic" and "democracy," as the latter retains many of the same qualities of a republic, yet adheres to no distinct political order or set of laws. Therefore by its original understanding, "democracy" could be qualified as anything from representative governance to individual and mob rule. And in this sense the word "democracy" is often used too lightly and erroneously to mean "republic."

The difference in the US is that suffrage is not a right, and the government has ennumerated powers which it isnt supposed to overstep.

Last edited:
FlyNavy said:
Thing is we also have a Constitution that's supposed to protect certain rights. These "trustees" have been violating it for years. The War on Drugs created loopholes for direct violations of the 4th and 5th, the FCC was specifically created to infringe on freedom of speech, the gun control acts of 34 and 68 as well as the assault weapons ban are direct violations of the second amendment.
Technically the NFA act is just an interstate commerce rule relating to taxes. Legal because back then they actually realised the second amendment does apply.

You forgot the FOPA 1986 which made it illegal for the ATF to register more machine guns. :(

FlamingGlory said:
You are just arguing semantics. When all else fails just dispute the meaning of the actual words. Most representative democracys are termed Republic. :rolleyes:

The difference in the US is that suffrage is not a right, and the government has ennumerated powers which it isnt supposed to overstep.
What the fuck are you arguing about you prick? Are you that fucking dumb you don't realize that "Republic" is not a style of government?

Give it a rest you windbag. Try looking it up in any textbook, nevermind some unquotable source.

You're just arguing for the sake of it now. :rolleyes:

FlyNavy said:
That's a drawback to it. They're meant to make "informed, educated" decisions, despite how their constituents feel. I forget the name of the other theory that describes it, but if I remember, it may be worthwhile linking to a wikipedia article on it or the like.

Galen said:
What the fuck are you arguing about you prick? Are you that fucking dumb you don't realize that "Republic" is not a style of government?

Give it a rest you windbag. Try looking it up in any textbook, nevermind some unquotable source.

You're just arguing for the sake of it now. :rolleyes:
What the fuck are you arguing about is a better question. I posted a quote from your favourite source (wikipedia) which is now unquotable because you dont like it? :tard: That is exactly what it says in 12 years of textbooks, the encyclopedia, and every other fucking book in my house. It couldnt be that the phrasing used in a foriegn, i.e. your, country is different and everyone here is talking about the exact same thing. No that's impossible because you already know everything, I had almost forgot.

Galen said:
The walmart experience left alot to be desired and I wasn't convinced. Too much reliance on franchises is the one thing putting me off living there for a few years. I like my independent butcher, gourmet food store, green grocer etc.

We have plenty of independant stores in Portland at least, and they're awesome.

All I can think about when I read this thread is the video we watched at Fly's with the guy in the truck picking up illegals.

FlamingGlory said:
What the fuck are you arguing about is a better question. I posted a quote from your favourite source (wikipedia) which is now unquotable because you dont like it? :tard: That is exactly what it says in 12 years of textbooks, the encyclopedia, and every other fucking book in my house. It couldnt be that the phrasing used in a foriegn, i.e. your, country is different and everyone here is talking about the exact same thing. No that's impossible because you already know everything, I had almost forgot.
You quoted a source without showing where it was from. Sorry, I didn't realise it was the eminent wikipedia.

I'd love to continue this insane babble with you, but I'm sorry. I'm right. You've already said that modern-day American's don't understand words in their true form. Add yourself to that list, sonny.

Drool-Boy said:
Ya know, Ive always wanted to sit on Margret Thatchers face and pinch her nose between my buttcheeks.
:lol:

The amount of hatred for her here is still rife. Assholes still blaming her for losing their jobs etc. in the persuit of a laissez faire society.

Yeah, she was insane, but so what. She brought about amazing growth, for both "rich and poor" alike

Galen said:
:lol:

The amount of hatred for her here is still rife. Assholes still blaming her for losing their jobs etc. in the persuit of a laissez faire society.

Yeah, she was insane, but so what. She brought about amazing growth, for both "rich and poor" alike
If I could have voted for her if I would have.