Wham! Appreciation Thread

I remember all the girls were heartbroken when George turned out to be gay. I also know another fellow Whamaniac who insists George is not gay, he's just slightly bisexual.

This guy is also a surgeon. More than capible hands.

George Michael was always hideous to me. Even back when I was 10, I knew there was something wrong with him.

I like:
Classical
Choral
Oratorio
Opera of it is written in English
Country if is it is in the old school tradition. New country to me is nothing better than bad Rock & Roll. Two of the best country albums ever written are by Ray Charles. They were written in the early 60's.

Blues
Bluegrass
Old School R&B
Do Wop
Rock & Roll
Early Pop
Swing/Big Band
Jazz

Ill listen to anything so long as it's good.

Some of my more favorite bands/artists:
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Rik Emmett
Gary Moore
Thin Lizzy
Rush
Kansas
Yes
Elvis Presley
Chuck Berry
Buddy Holly
Ray Charles
Muddy Waters
Pink Floyd
Eric Johnson
Robert Johnson
Howlin' Wolf
Jethro Tull
Peter Green
Rory Gallagher
Buddy Guy
Albert King
B.B. King
Freddy King
Albert Collins
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Chet Atkins
Robin Trower
Mick Abrams
Kerry Livgren
Eric Gales
Stanley Jordan
Phil Keaggy
Robby Kregier

oooooooooooooo nice list. :drool: i'll bet we could talk for hours about music. like i can with mikey. and theac. and dharma too i think. and chikken.
i would loooooove some bluegrass recommendations. :hi2u: :D there's a local art gallery that has bluegrass bands come in about twice a month during the summer to play under their backyard pines. :drool:
and country of any kind is great, mister. :fly: and take back that about wham and flock of seagulls. :tsk tsk:

oooooooooooooo nice list. :drool: I'll bet we could talk for hours about music.

Thank You. :heart:

I would loooooove some bluegrass recommendations. :hi2u: :D

Bill Monroe (Founding Father of the genre)
Red Allen
Flatt & Scruggs
Jim & Jesse
Alison Krauss
Foggy Mountain Boys
The New Lost City Ramblers
The Kentucky Colonels
Dixie Gentlemen
The Dillards
Byron Berline
Ricky Skaggs

There's a local art gallery that has bluegrass bands come in about twice a month during the summer to play under their backyard pines. :drool:

:cool:

and country of any kind is great, mister. :fly: and take back that about wham and flock of seagulls. :tsk tsk:

Sorry but bubblegum pop has always driven me up the wall. Whether is is the manufactured pop of New Chumps on the Laughing Block, The Five Bimbos from England, Gham, Herman Hermits or Hold one note down an make millions of dollars band. Notice I did not include all pop. Hell even The Monkeys have some redeeming qualities to their music.

Regardless of what one thinks about him personally, George Micheal put out some good music back in the day.

'Careless Whispers' finally helped me close the deal for the first time back in high school.

one of my fondest wham memories was as a kid at the beach on key biscayne...the song "She's an easy lover" by phil collins had just come out and every radio on the beach was on the same station cranking that song...it was followed by Wham - Jitterbug and every radio on the beach changed to another channel simultanously :lol:

Last edited:
one of my fondest wham memories was as a kid at the beach on key biscayne...the song "She's an easy lover" by phil collins had just come out and every radio on the beach was on the same station cranking that song...it was followed by Wham - Jitterbug and every radio on the beach changed to another channel simultanously :lol:

Is it sad that I know 'Jitterbug' was actually 'Wake me up before you go go'