polo

Flaccid Member
Aug 1, 2007
Marklar
₥0
CHRISTMAS EDIT

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3354flS1KJs

CHRISTMAS EDIT

First off I felt the need to make this thread last week - but postponed it to see if someone else would first.

wham.jpg

This was prompted by how short the wikipedia article for Wham! is. Compared to the likes of U2 or Duran Duran, the article isn't apt for the hit factory this band was. Wham! have been my favourite band for the past 4 years or so, and I consistently feel the need to reignite the passion for them that I know everyone has. (For this purpose, the "Choose Life" oversize white tshirt has been ordered).

Not only this, but they are also the best Karaoke music ever. The lyrics are easy to remember, catchy, fun and make you look like a total swinger infront of all the chicks. I have, on two occassions, considered having my ear pierced just for Wham! karaoke.

Wham! aren't a good karaoke band you say? Well, how about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwm-okcskVA

Then, there is always Wake Me Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hksil-KkebQ

I don't know two better songs on the face of this planet.

I know theres a lot of music fans here, and since you're all old there's a lot of 80s music fans here. So how about it, let's hear some appreciation for the best band of the 80s. Share your Wham! stories, form a Wham! society, bake Wham! cakes. It's what Andrew and George would have wanted.

tampa dj minglemixx cnn dogs shelter butt mustard mayonaise

Last edited:
I think, actually, you do.
Im pretty sure its a rule somewhere.

I remember all the girls were heartbroken when George turned out to be gay. I also know another fellow Whamaniac who insists George is not gay, he's just slightly bisexual.

This guy is also a surgeon. More than capible hands.

I remember all the girls were heartbroken when George turned out to be gay. I also know another fellow Whamaniac who insists George is not gay, he's just slightly bisexual.

This guy is also a surgeon. More than capible hands.

Hanging your wang out in a public bathroom and waiting for another guy to jump on it is more than slightly bisexual

Hanging your wang out in a public bathroom and waiting for another guy to jump on it is more than slightly bisexual

I think it was just George having a laugh, the sort of thing I'd do too except I'm not gay either

For the last 4 years, polo? I have no problem with Wham. I actually like them, but they've been your favorite band for the last 4 years? I asked you a while back if you were a batty boy and you said no. I hate liars.

here i'm telling you - i used to hate them. i'd laugh at wham! scrapbooks and wham! annuals. not anymore though, it was like an epiphany. i almost bought a wham! annual with pictures of andrew and george that they took themselves, but my friend got it before me.

i aimed this thread at you as one of my main targets - i know for a fact you like them son. join this wagon.

and there's nothing batty about that!

this man knows the fucking score.

doesn't matter what time of the year it is - that song goes on the jukebox.

im glad you augmented the font size too :D

agreed. seriously, last christmas should be recognized as a top 10 song of all time... it has been covered a bunch of times and even the original version by wham simply won't die either, ever year it's back on the chart during the holiday in both the UK and the States.

agreed. seriously, last christmas should be recognized as a top 10 song of all time... it has been covered a bunch of times and even the original version by wham simply won't die either, ever year it's back on the chart during the holiday in both the UK and the States.

it's the honest to god only christmas song i can stand - my SU constantly plays Mariah Carey's I don't want a lot for Christmas from October onward every week. Breaks my heart everytime it's that bad.

the fact that it successfully pulls off having christmas bells in the main song without sounding naff is what really takes the cake.

... and then take a song like Club Tropicana - after hearing someone try to cover this in a bar you would think sung by Wham! it would really show case Michaels' singing ability at full potential, because of the difficulty. But for George it's just so effortless and smooth.