wewt, won a golf tournament yesterday

When I went out and played the other week, I shot a 60*, and I hadn't played in like 3 years!

* - on the front 9

I was greeted by this at the top of the escalators on the way into work this morning :cool:
names of my teammates deleted out of respect for their privacy :p

img0022.JPG

bast_imret said:
need to get theac to go play next year :)
Except that I haven't played in 10 years and have no clubs. It would be fun to take up again, but I don't know where I'd find the extra time or money.

theacoustician said:
Except that I haven't played in 10 years and have no clubs. It would be fun to take up again, but I don't know where I'd find the extra time or money.

yea, no clubs makes it hard. Glad my old ones (think they are about 11 or 12 years old now) are still in good condition. The rates that we get from our company discount at some of the local courses is really good.

bast_imret said:
yea, no clubs makes it hard. Glad my old ones (think they are about 11 or 12 years old now) are still in good condition. The rates that we get from our company discount at some of the local courses is really good.
Yeah, I used to be able to play a round of 9 for $20 during the week after 4 or hit a large bucket of balls for $15 on the range. I haven't been able to find pricing anywhere near that around Atlanta.

When I went and played on a Sat afternoon at the local course, it was $18 for 18 holes. And during the week, a twilight round of 9 is $12. Now I just need to stop losing so many balls, lol.

why_ask_why said:
I was greeted by this at the top of the escalators on the way into work this morning :cool:
names of my teammates deleted out of respect for their privacy :p

img0022.JPG

You have like the most generic white guy name ever.

Heh, the last time I did anything involving golf was attending JJ's brother's wedding. I was afraid something tragic would happen like either the bride or the groom being pelted in the brainpan with a golfball. I will admit, it was really pretty being able to look just beyond the wedding party to see old men wearing argyle socks. :drool:

Heh, it was really nice outside and gorgeous to boot. The green rolling hills were a nice setting.

fxt my own post, damnit.

theacoustician said:
Yeah, I used to be able to play a round of 9 for $20 during the week after 4 or hit a large bucket of balls for $15 on the range. I haven't been able to find pricing anywhere near that around Atlanta.

this place has twilight with a cart for ~$20 and it's about 10 minutes from work...I used to go out with some of my team from this weekend but they all had babies and that was the end of our fun...we'd head out around 4:00 on wednesday and get a whole 18 in...they also let you bring beer so it's pretty cheap on all fronts...hit me up if you ever want to go...it's in the hood but that was never an issue the dozens of times I've been
http://www.golfcourse.com/search/coursedtl_ga.cfm?source=GA&courseid=8887