wewt, financing secured for my condo

I found a better unit in the same building which I am putting in an offer today on! I am so excited...it was foreclosed on 2 months ago...the guy bought it for 175k in '02 and I was close to putting in a bid for it at the asking price of 145k...the bank just dropped the price another 15k down to 129!!! this is crazy!! it has blonde hardwood floors which are practically new, black granite countertops, exposed brick from 1927 in parts, all new appliances, huge industrial windows with a great view of a number of downtown buildings, 11ft ceilings, etc

I came to find out there are indeed multiple buildings in this complex with all of them being constructed in 2001 except this building which was converted to lofts in 2001 from a 1927 industrial building
it's in this building on the 6th floor
42346c4eec091a62.jpg

I'd say about 800...they don't list sqft for housing in GA for some inane reason

800 is not bad at all, especially with 11 foot ceilings. I once rented a 2 bedroom that was 600 sq ft :fly:. You could touch the ceilings and the "master" bedroom barely fit my cali king in there:fly:. It was horrible but luckily I didnt have a roommate, that woulda been painful.

800 is not bad at all, especially with 11 foot ceilings. I once rented a 2 bedroom that was 600 sq ft :fly:. You could touch the ceilings and the "master" bedroom barely fit my cali king in there:fly:. It was horrible but luckily I didnt have a roommate, that woulda been painful.

06johnbrownmuseum3.JPG

Dude, congrats!!! Sounds like a great place and a good deal! I would ask 120K and see where it gets you. If the bank is dropping it more than 10%, they are desparate. See if you can get a bit more off.

So when are you inviting me over for tasty beverages and my delicious homecooking? :heart:

LOL, that was basically it!

The only nice part was the kitchen was half of the apartment, I love me a big kitchen. :random fat joke:

It also had a tight little window through the kitchen that I set my old turntables up on. Living in a triplex and having turntables = upset neighbors :fly:

Dude, congrats!!! Sounds like a great place and a good deal! I would ask 120K and see where it gets you. If the bank is dropping it more than 10%, they are desparate. See if you can get a bit more off.

So when are you inviting me over for tasty beverages and my delicious homecooking? :heart:

my agent advised me to give them the asking price and tack on the 10k assessment for parking deck renovation that each unit was charged and has not been paid on this one yet...I agreed to it...I don't want to lose the place over a couple bucks because this is going to move quick, it's the nicest one I've seen in there, and it's now the cheapest unit in the whole complex

I'm getting a kegerator...if you're in town, come drink

going to look at it again in about 30 mins...I am a bundle of nervous energy right now...maybe I should close my office door and rub one out :lol: :shady:

I found a better unit in the same building which I am putting in an offer today on! I am so excited...it was foreclosed on 2 months ago...the guy bought it for 175k in '02 and I was close to putting in a bid for it at the asking price of 145k...the bank just dropped the price another 15k down to 129!!! this is crazy!! it has blonde hardwood floors which are practically new, black granite countertops, exposed brick from 1927 in parts, all new appliances, huge industrial windows with a great view of a number of downtown buildings, 11ft ceilings, etc

I came to find out there are indeed multiple buildings in this complex with all of them being constructed in 2001 except this building which was converted to lofts in 2001 from a 1927 industrial building
it's in this building on the 6th floor
42346c4eec091a62.jpg

holy sheet thats cheep

going to look at it again in about 30 mins...I am a bundle of nervous energy right now...maybe I should close my office door and rub one out :lol: :shady:

Its such a good feeling! I love the excited feeling we had for a month before moving it. its nuts!

holy sheet thats cheep

I know! this is a total steal :cool:

I just met my agent at the unit and signed an offer...I am so f'ing excited! looked the place over again and it is so cool...the place is in perfect condition, turn key, ready to move in...I love the granite countertops and hardwoods...has granite in the bathroom too

I just met my agent at the unit and signed an offer...I am so f'ing excited! looked the place over again and it is so cool...the place is in perfect condition, turn key, ready to move in...I love the granite countertops and hardwoods...has granite in the bathroom too

That's so awesome!!!

congrats waw..

i'm ready to move myself. the "quaintness" of living in a historical neighborhood in a historical bungalow (tho 1700 SQFT) has worn off. we actually went and looked at houses sunday. found a few we liked. but the housing market sucks right now. i could have got triple what I paid for it 18 mos. ago.

i'm concerned that all we'll be able to get is about 1100 sq. ft. for the same payments.. argh.

again, congrats.

congrats waw..

i'm ready to move myself. the "quaintness" of living in a historical neighborhood in a historical bungalow (tho 1700 SQFT) has worn off. we actually went and looked at houses sunday. found a few we liked. but the housing market sucks right now. i could have got triple what I paid for it 18 mos. ago.

i'm concerned that all we'll be able to get is about 1100 sq. ft. for the same payments.. argh.

again, congrats.

Isn't it a buyers market right now? Why dont you just rent out the bungalow and buy a new place?

I really just wanted to say bungalow :D

congrats waw..

again, congrats.

Are you insane? :lol:

That is so great w_a_w! When does a person usually hear back if the offer is accepted?

my agent advised me to give them the asking price and tack on the 10k assessment for parking deck renovation that each unit was charged and has not been paid on this one yet...I agreed to it...I don't want to lose the place over a couple bucks because this is going to move quick, it's the nicest one I've seen in there, and it's now the cheapest unit in the whole complex

I'm getting a kegerator...if you're in town, come drink
http://uselessforums.com/showpost.php?p=368389&postcount=1

Well then go for it. Always good to get the cheapest lot (or condo) in the area. As the others go higher, yours goes higher at a faster rate.