We're all potentially gonna die

Costello: Well then who sets the swine flu threat level?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: I mean the group's name.
Abbott: WHO.
Costello: The group that sets the level.
Abbott: WHO.
Costello: The group that...
Abbott: WHO!
Costello: I'm asking YOU who sets the level!
Abbott: That's the group's name.
Costello: That's who's name?
Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.
Abbott: That's it.
Costello: That's who?
Costello: Look, you got a group that sets the level?
Abbott: Certainly.
Costello: Who?
Abbott: That's right.
Costello: All I'm trying to find out is what's the group's name that sets the swine flu level.
Abbott: No. WHAT is the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group.
Costello: I'm not asking you who's the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group.
Abbott: WHO sets the level!
Costello: I don't know.
Abbott & Costello Together: Third base!

27K39.jpg

OFFTOPIC!

Between a Democrat in the White House, and this - the firearms industry isn't going to be able to keep up.

Interesting post I read on Fatwallet Finance about prices and availability. Comments?

Aside from the few places with local restrictions, it's fairly straightforward. Complete ammunition doesn't require the hazmat fees required for powder alone or primers alone, nor in general does it require special federal licensing for its sale.

In addition to comments made by other posters, a few things to keep in mind coming from someone with a foot or two in the industry:

1) Selling small amounts of ammo online is tough, due to downward pressure on price due to shipping costs. Purchasing thousands of rounds at a time is the only way to make shipping worthwhile, so you could consider making these bulk purchases and then selling locally.

2) Margins might seem high right now, but even dealers have trouble finding stock for much cheaper than anyone can purchase ammo for (aside from certain notorious shops like CTD that charge double the current market rate...).

3) There is a *good* chance that the ammo market will crash soon. The market for AR-15 lowers has already returned to close to pre-election prices, and parts and uppers are inching downward as well. Brass-cased 5.56 ammo for under $400/thousand has been available at several online stores in the past week for a day or two at a time, while a couple of months ago it would have sold out in under an hour at a higher price. Keep this in mind before dumping capital into ammo that you may or may not be able to sell.

I think this downward pressure on prices is due to a few factors: 1) people desperate to stock up on guns/ammo have had 6+ months to do so already, so the active buyer market is slowly shrinking. 2) People in general don't have much money lying around in this economy to spend on overpriced goods, and if they did they've already stocked up. Any new announcements from our lovely federal overlords could, however, instantly shift this balance back toward the panic state we've been seeing.

ETA: if you do decide to sell ammo online, make sure you verify age, etc. See what places like aimsurplus.com require for ammo purchases for guidelines. Of course, I'm not a lawyer, blah blah blah