GAY Welp - f this country and it's lack of common sense

I think it's valid. No-one is arguing people getting it done, or getting it done at 15 or earlier, it's the fact that they don't need parental consent. If the parents are legally responsible for you at 15, they should get some input, like it or not.

It's a parental issue imo. Are they adults at 15 or are they still minors with legal guardians? Seems like becoming independent should come first.

I think it's valid. No-one is arguing people getting it done, or getting it done at 15 or earlier, it's the fact that they don't need parental consent. If the parents are legally responsible for you at 15, they should get some input, like it or not.

It's a parental issue imo. Are they adults at 15 or are they still minors with legal guardians? Seems like becoming independent should come first.
Legal responsibility and health consent are two completely different things

I can get pregnant at 16 and decide what I do with the baby; in fact if I'm Fraser competent I can decide on health issues myself at any age; however I can't buy a house or join the military - Health is a separate issue which is why comparing it to others isn't helpful

• Gravy
Reactions: august
My point is that for some reason we've decided that with 'some' set non-parenting influence it's ok to change your sex, but no matter what, we won't allow you to vote.

That doesn't make any sense. And my point to @APRIL, is that all we're doing with legislatures these days is paying them a fortune to deliberate on the narrowest scope of things that may not really need to wait until someone is 18. Lower the legal age of everything to 15 and get information out there to them. Smoking is bad, here's why. Sex is fine as soon as you feel the urge, but maybe you want to lasso those hormones for 10 seconds while you put a condom on it while you're staring that that V. Oh, and if you're feeling feminine and want your dick cut off so you can see what a d inside you feels like, etc, here's what's going on.

Give them all of the information. This 'picking and choosing' what is and isn't relative to the parental guardians is a crock of shit designed to give legislators something to do with their time and our $.
you are once again complaining about things that are unrelated. if the drinking age is 21 then why do you have to be 35 to be president?!?

For adolescents they can take hormone blockers to delay puberty so it's not permanent in the event that they change their minds.

welp, that answers my question

ZwZ2g6h.gif

Great question. Add that to "Things that are fucked up in America the same way" for $100. :lol:

the point of that was to show you how many things in life have different age requirements. you see that as a problem

you seem to have nonsense in your head. we won't be able to reason you out of this one, as per usual

the point of that was to show you how many things in life have different age requirements. you see that as a problem

you seem to have nonsense in your head. we won't be able to reason you out of this one, as per usual

You seem to be the one with the nonsense.

Believing that the voters aren't smart enough to choose someone under 35 years of age. . . and not able to drink until they're 21, but can decide that 15 year olds can get a sex change at 15 is what's nonsense.

I don't expect to convert you. You seem to rely on the gov't for vast swaths of your decision-making and willing to pay big dollars for it. That's OK but it seems to mean you have very little confidence in yourself.

You seem to be the one with the nonsense.

Believing that the voters aren't smart enough to choose someone under 35 years of age. . . and not able to drink until they're 21, but can decide that 15 year olds can get a sex change at 15 is what's nonsense.

I don't expect to convert you. You seem to rely on the gov't for vast swaths of your decision-making and willing to pay big dollars for it. That's OK but it seems to mean you have very little confidence in yourself.

3cYgM1v.jpg

all this common sense