GAY Welp - f this country and it's lack of common sense

this is one of those things that I don't have nearly enough information to form an opinion about but I feel like it's not as cut & dry as I'd like it to be

regardless of what we know or don't know about the legal-eze, wouldn't it be safe to say that whatever the legal process *chosen by few to apply to all* that may or may not be involved in considering changing your sex SHOULD also be used for smoking/voting/alcohol/military service/etc?

If not, why not?

regardless of what we know or don't know about the legal-eze, wouldn't it be safe to say that whatever the legal process *chosen by few to apply to all* that may or may not be involved in considering changing your sex SHOULD also be used for smoking/voting/alcohol/military service/etc?

If not, why not?
All that can absolutely be changed! What more do you want?

If not, why not?

No it shouldn't because those things are not related. Being of a certain age does not grant you the ability to make decisions in every facet of life while at some ages one may be able to decide certain things better than others.

If your only argument against this is "well they can't smoke until they're 18" then you're not asking any worthwhile questions.

I missed it, did he completely ignore my comment about the medical age of consent like I predicted? Cause it's an argument that completely invalidates all of his complaints?

No it shouldn't because those things are not related. Being of a certain age does not grant you the ability to make decisions in every facet of life while at some ages one may be able to decide certain things better than others.

If your only argument against this is "well they can't smoke until they're 18" then you're not asking any worthwhile questions.

My point is that for some reason we've decided that with 'some' set non-parenting influence it's ok to change your sex, but no matter what, we won't allow you to vote.

That doesn't make any sense. And my point to @APRIL, is that all we're doing with legislatures these days is paying them a fortune to deliberate on the narrowest scope of things that may not really need to wait until someone is 18. Lower the legal age of everything to 15 and get information out there to them. Smoking is bad, here's why. Sex is fine as soon as you feel the urge, but maybe you want to lasso those hormones for 10 seconds while you put a condom on it while you're staring that that V. Oh, and if you're feeling feminine and want your dick cut off so you can see what a d inside you feels like, etc, here's what's going on.

Give them all of the information. This 'picking and choosing' what is and isn't relative to the parental guardians is a crock of shit designed to give legislators something to do with their time and our $.

My point is that for some reason we've decided that with 'some' set non-parenting influence it's ok to change your sex, but no matter what, we won't allow you to vote.

That doesn't make any sense. And my point to @APRIL, is that all we're doing with legislatures these days is paying them a fortune to deliberate on the narrowest scope of things that may not really need to wait until someone is 18. Lower the legal age of everything to 15 and get information out there to them. Smoking is bad, here's why. Sex is fine as soon as you feel the urge, but maybe you want to lasso those hormones for 10 seconds while you put a condom on it while you're staring that that V. Oh, and if you're feeling feminine and want your dick cut off so you can see what a d inside you feels like, etc, here's what's going on.

Give them all of the information. This 'picking and choosing' what is and isn't relative to the parental guardians is a crock of shit designed to give legislators something to do with their time and our $.
As has been said numerous times in this thread, who cares? Aren't you FOR states rights? Or are you only for states rights when its inline with your thinking?

So my friend doesn't have the facts handy. This is what they said:

"Very few transition before puberty, mostly due to either legal reasons or parental resistance or the lack of adequate medical assistance. But for those who do, particularly young children, they seem to be pretty successful. For adolescents they can take hormone blockers to delay puberty so it's not permanent in the event that they change their minds. It seems like the younger they are the more easily they're able to pass. A psychiatrist must approve for surgery, or a therapist with an MD. Transition is more challenging after adolescence, particularly for male to females. But in general the younger one starts the better. It's more difficult to unlearn gender based behaviors the older one gets because they are that much more ingrained. And the physical appearance is more malleable in young people. And the physical gender behaviors are easier to change the younger one is.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
As has been said numerous times in this thread, who cares? Aren't you FOR states rights? Or are you only for states rights when its inline with your thinking?
Huh? Where are you going with this?

OR has come up with some rule that allows a 15yr old to change their sex without parental input, but won't allow them to get a tattoo, etc. I'd like to know how a small number of adults logically came to that decision that applies to everyone.

OR has come up with some rule that allows a 15yr old to change their sex without parental input, but won't allow them to get a tattoo, etc. I'd like to know how a small number of adults logically came to that decision that applies to everyone.
Probably because the word tattoo never came up in the discussion. Why would it?

In retrospect. 15 year olds aren't exactly innocent these days I'm sure a lot of them have already made personal choices that will change their lives forever. My mom had already had my sister at 15.

Comparing it to tattoos and voting isn't helping. Argue it as a stand alone topic cause otherwise it's distracting.