GAY Welp - f this country and it's lack of common sense

Jimmycrackcorn

abscesschin
Nov 8, 2012
On the Sweet Side of the Glory Hole
Marklar
₥13,398
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...o-get-state-subsidized-sex-change-operations/

The list of things 15-year-olds are not legally allowed to do in Oregon is long: Drive, smoke, donate blood, get a tattoo -- even go to a tanning bed.

But, under a first-in-the-nation policy quietly enacted in January that many parents are only now finding out about, 15-year-olds are now allowed to get a sex-change operation. Many residents are stunned to learn they can do it without parental notification -- and the state will even pay for it through its Medicaid program, the Oregon Health Plan.

In a statement, Oregon Health Authority spokeswoman Susan Wickstrom explained it this way: "Age of medical consent varies by state. Oregon law -- which applies to both Medicaid and non-Medicaid Oregonians -- states that the age of medical consent is 15."

While 15 is the medical age of consent in the state, the decision to cover sex-change operations specifically was made by the Health Evidence Review Commission (HERC).

Members are appointed by the governor and paid by the state of Oregon. With no public debate, HERC changed its policy to include cross-sex hormone therapy, puberty-suppressing drugs and gender-reassignment surgery as covered treatments for people with gender dysphoria, formally known as gender identity disorder.

yup. Hi, you're not old enough to make a good decision about getting a tattoo, but we can cut yer dick off. Or, give you one.

No, we can't give you a dick with a tattoo. Without a tattoo is ok. You're not old enough for a tattoo.
If you change your mind, can you get a dick put back on for free?

It makes sense though because puberty is traumatic for someone who is transgender. And we all know that parents are always open minded...

is it possible that going through such a transition in the middle of puberty could also be traumatic if after their hormones settle down they realize it was a mistake? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be allowed but let's be real here, I think there are a LOT more teenagers who would do this and regret it than there are teenagers that it would help. 15 year olds make profoundly and unimaginably stupid decisions that are guided by their hormones. throw a slight bias toward being trans that may be felt differently later in life and you have a lot of potential for a level of regret that would be little different from the initial problem.

lots of grey area here. the further and further we move into the future the more grey area ethical choices we're going to be making. it's going to be fun

I wonder what will be more significant, the first AI or the first AI that feels discriminated against

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I love how every article I find on this references the Fox article.
This was proposed over a year ago, has been in place since January, the world has not exploded yet and I bet you can't find any transgendered 15 year olds in Oregon.