Well would you look at that

dj, i'm so sorry that you are having to go through this much, this suddenly. this involves shock, panic, hasty decisions, anger, betrayal, disappointment, despair...and i'm sure there are others. the good thing is that most of these are probably, as they should be, short-term feelings. it doesn't seem like there's a valid excuse for what has been done to you here. i'm sorry.

the good thing is that you seem to have a somewhat steady grip on some things. you sound like you are able to hold on and make pretty good, if hasty, decisions. you sound strong, confident, optimistic, even though you may not be each completely. these are the characteristics that can help keep you going, so long as you remember you have them.

things are most usually always changeable, meaning that even if you make a hasty decision now, you might be able to change it at some point. and even if you miss out on something, you can always get it again at next chance.

i really appreciated your sharing of your stress. i think it might be good to get that off your chest, have a chance to look at what's going on in writing, and have some suggestions you might not otherwise get.
it sounds like it's going to be rough, but it sounds like you are up for handling it. just be sure to take care of yourself first. it's entirely possible, whether it's by a pill, AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, or stress release like an activity or two, or a combination.
even if it's here, you have people to turn to if need be for help, or release of stress, or whatever. you have many options, and you'll make it through this. :heart:

Doesn't your mom post on here?

I moved out on my own. I left for college at 18. I came back and stayed summers at my parents house the years after my first 2 years and then just stopped coming home for the summers. I crashed at their house for 2 1/2 months after leaving college and getting unengaged.

If I could do it all over again then I wouldn't have rushed everything. I would stay in the dorms and not move off campus. That hurt my grades and just made life overly complicated. I would spent every summer while in college at my parents house. Life would have been so much easier. I'd be totally different person now without a doubt.

I read it, and it sucks but it sounds like you're responsible enough to stay on top of it. Yes, it's not fair but fuck fair. And yes life is going to be harder for you than if they let you stay at home, but it's only for the summer. Keep a stiff upper lip, get through the summer, and you'll be right where you would have been anyway. Don't let it get to you, and good luck :heart:

fly said:
Rule # 1 dj: Always listen to whatever Thorn says. She is wise beyond her years.

(I didn't read her reply, but I'm sure its spot on.)

I read the first sentence of each paragraph in her post, sounded like the goods :D

Oi, Thorn: thanks. It’s nice to see people at a place like this read and respond to things which is why it has fast become my favourite place to post. Go debate forum! It’s not the end of the world and I move in later today so it’s not going to be the end of the world. I really appreciate the kindness from strangers from the net. ;) :heart:

b_sinning said:
Doesn't your mom post on here?
No she doesn’t. I’ve selfishly kept this place to myself from genmay friends and friends and family just because.

I was alone at 17 when my senior year of high school started. Damn near had to drop out to support myself. Being cut off from family will teach you a number of things no one else will learn.

It's not the worst thing that can happen to someone but it's still a pretty lousy situation. Good luck.

djduquet said:
No she doesn’t. I’ve selfishly kept this place to myself from genmay friends and friends and family just because.

That's what I do but my wife now thinks I do it becuase I'm trying to have secret affairs. She's found posts where I've asked to see girls naked and thought I was wrong for saying stuff like that. I tried to explain I like naked women and I'd do it in real life if woman wouldn't try to beat the crap out of me for it.

djduquet said:
Oi, Thorn: thanks. It’s nice to see people at a place like this read and respond to things which is why it has fast become my favourite place to post. Go debate forum!

Should have posted it in there if you wanted serious replies.

What the hell is wrong with parents today? They have kids and then decide they don't want to take responsibility for them when things get tough. I know you aren't a kid anymore but I don't think parenting stops at age 18 either. I know you'll get through this and I hope you have tons of support from friends and other family. I can't imagine what your parents hope to accomplish by kicking you out. Gah! I'm too angry. If I met your parents I'd probably be screaming at them right now. I really hope things go well for you.

Every time I hear something like this I thank the powers that be for giving me such wonderful parents who have been there and supported me no matter what.

Galen said:
Should have posted it in there if you wanted serious replies.
It wasn't really a debate. It was a statement. I don't want to break the rules. Go read the oil thread, it's good.

eileenbunny said:
What the hell is wrong with parents today? They have kids and then decide they don't want to take responsibility for them when things get tough. I know you aren't a kid anymore but I don't think parenting stops at age 18 either. I know you'll get through this and I hope you have tons of support from friends and other family. I can't imagine what your parents hope to accomplish by kicking you out. Gah! I'm too angry. If I met your parents I'd probably be screaming at them right now. I really hope things go well for you.

Every time I hear something like this I thank the powers that be for giving me such wonderful parents who have been there and supported me no matter what.
I concur. But what is bitching and moaning going to get me? Nothing, so what's the point? I'm just going to do what I've got to do to get by and it wont be the end of the world or too hard. At least I hope. I like to believe that things happen for a reason, for good or bad, it happens the way it should and all will be as it should with hopefully positive end results.

First of all, take everything you've just typed here and recite it to your mom.

Second, cry.

Third, relax and play computer games after she folds like a bad hand and lets you stay.

Sarcasmo said:
First of all, take everything you've just typed here and recite it to your mom.

Second, cry.

Third, relax and play computer games after she folds like a bad hand and lets you stay.
1) I'm in the state right now were I have the feeling that she would not be able to comprehend my speach.

2) Already did, and I'm done. Now I'll have a place to sleep with women without waking anyone up (not that it happens often anywho, go 8 month dry spell!)

3) Still kicking ass in Morrowind and I don't want to stay home. I'm out.

djduquet said:
I don't want to stay home. I'm out.

For truth! Nothing burns the 'home' bridge faster than getting kicked out. I know I prefered the stinky ol' dorm rooms to my parents lovely home after my fall out with them. Course after going off for my first year of college 'home' was never home for me again anyway. INDEPENDENCE++

djduquet said:
..2) Already did, and I'm done. Now I'll have a place to sleep with women without waking anyone up (not that it happens often anywho, go 8 month dry spell!)...

:wtf:, you aren't gay?