Well there goes $25

I want to say you got slow played, but considering how he telegraphed his flush with his aggressive betting after the river - dude, you shoulda known

No offense but I don't think this is really good advice. With five at the table he has good odds to play agressively like that with two pair or three of a kind.

You should've put the $25 into a ROTH IRA.

I've actually been wondering recently exactly what the different types of IRAs exist, how they work, and if I have to be a certain age to open one.

Shoulda bought lotto tickets instead.

Buying those $1 scratchers has been something I've been pretty lucky at. I've bought 17 so far and I'm still a dollar up.

when will the poker fad die! Now everyone and his sister are overnight poker experts. Its a shame they know nothing other than holdem. :rolleyes:

I know other types of poker, we play dealer's decision. I don't really see what the problem is with hold'em being popular anyway, it's another thing that a random group of guys can play casually together, and it's fun.

And everyone is going to pretend they know everything on the internet :p

I've actually been wondering recently exactly what the different types of IRAs exist, how they work, and if I have to be a certain age to open one.

This is the most interesting part of this thread (other than the 2 page cat fight). You can open an IRA at any age. In your case, you're going to want to open a Roth IRA, which can be done for as little as $500 at some places.

My Roth is an S&P Index fund with Vanguard. Come to think of it, I think we had a pretty informative thread on IRAs not too long ago.

This is the most interesting part of this thread (other than the 2 page cat fight). You can open an IRA at any age. In your case, you're going to want to open a Roth IRA, which can be done for as little as $500 at some places.

My Roth is an S&P Index fund with Vanguard. Come to think of it, I think we had a pretty informative thread on IRAs not too long ago.
It should be noted that there is a maximum you can contribute per year, but it's still a good chunk of money. I didn't get one set up until June, so I'm putting in double to maximize it for this year. Next year it'll be nice that I can drop it down a lot and still get all the savings.

It should be noted that there is a maximum you can contribute per year, but it's still a good chunk of money. I didn't get one set up until June, so I'm putting in double to maximize it for this year. Next year it'll be nice that I can drop it down a lot and still get all the savings.

Yep, its like $4k iirc. The government does that cause a Roth is a WAAAY better deal for its citizens. :rolleyes:

Never played Hold 'em. I'm a fan of the older games that my grandpa taught me: Woolworth's, Shit on Your Neighbor, Mexican Sweat, Dodge City, 3-card Guts, etc.

I have to Play Hold'Em. I get nothing but shit cards unless I do. And folding everyhand isn't exactly fun.

Bast hand off of 5 Card draw I've ever had was a pair of 6s