Well, it seems I need to step up the house hunt

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
Got home from work yesterday to find this slipped under my door.

For some reason, changing our furnace filter entailed going into my bedroom (the door was closed) and snooping around to find my cats... and then entering Mike's bedroom to find the ferrets in his closet.

This is going to get interesting!!

edit: durr, read the note. what fucking assholes, they didn't give you any warning about "preventative maintenance". such shit.
i hate shitty housing management. there should be laws against half the crap they get away with

Last edited:
ASSHOLE! Cats are clean!

I did that once also in my apt, never paid the pet fee and had two cats. They knew about it and luckily the maintenence guys were cool.

April23 said:
ASSHOLE! Cats are clean!

I did that once also in my apt, never paid the pet fee and had two cats. They knew about it and luckily the maintenence guys were cool.
I put down $250 non refundable pet deposit and am paying $25 a month in pet rent for one cat... they wanted that for EACH cat. I think that's ridiculous.

Not quite sure what to do about this.

gg 24 hour notice. Shouldn't they do that?

Also we received that notice as well when we rented. We told them if they were going to do it to us, they needed to do it to everyone (we had 2 cats) there were numerous other tenants with cats, and quite a few St. Bernards and Great Danes.

They didn't do anything after we said that (would cause an eviction of over 100 tenants in my block alone.)

zengirl said:
I put down $250 non refundable pet deposit and am paying $25 a month in pet rent for one cat... they wanted that for EACH cat. I think that's ridiculous.

Just hide the pets at a friends house when they are supposed to inspect. Also put another lock on the door so they can't get in. :fly:

Coqui said:

Also we received that notice as well when we rented. We told them if they were going to do it to us, they needed to do it to everyone (we had 2 cats) there were numerous other tenants with cats, and quite a few St. Bernards and Great Danes.

They didn't do anything after we said that (would cause an eviction of over 100 tenants in my block alone.)

Ooooohh good idea. Then many sleep with the apartment manager.

zengirl said:

What did the note say?

Coqui said:

it's the same thing here too. you're allowed one cat, after paying a huge nonrefundable deposit and retarded amount of rent on the cat. i've seen people here with multiple cats AND dogs, which aren't allowed at all. these are the same people who told me i couldn't take my rabbit with me, and the bunny met an untimely demise because the ex didn't take care of him:mad:

April23 said:
Just hide the pets at a friends house when they are supposed to inspect. Also put another lock on the door so they can't get in. :fly:
I'm putting the 4 contraband cats in the car and we're going for a drive on Friday. I don't know what Mike will do with the ferrets. He's in charge of calling the manager and discussing the issue. He has a good rapport with her thus far (or so he says).

zengirl said:
I'm putting the 4 contraband cats in the car and we're going for a drive on Friday. I don't know what Mike will do with the ferrets. He's in charge of calling the manager and discussing the issue. He has a good rapport with her thus far (or so he says).

:lol: Or just bring the kitties to my house, I'll start the coals on the grill.

fly said:
btw, remove the animals for the inspection, but leave the doors closed. Then booby-trap them Spy vs. Spy style.
i'd leave notes in inconspicuous places so if they decide to snoop further, they will read about what assfucks they are.