Well, it seems I need to step up the house hunt

fly said:
Put a deadbolt on the bedroom doors. Let them know that you'll forfeit the security deposit to repair the door.
You don't even have to do that, just change the plain doorknob to a lockset one. Problem solved and no extra holes required. :)

Hey, strangers!

Sounds like you guys are getting a raw deal from the apt. mgmt. folks. It's just as well, though since you guys are looking to buy a house soon anyways.

zengirl said:
Soooo Mike called the apartment people for me...

Told the truth about the ferret... we took that in for a friend who moved to California as they are banned from the state. Ferrets are very fickle creatures and cannot just be handed off to strangers all the time, they can die from that kind of stress. Pulled at her heart strings a bit so now she's being more lenient about that.

Stretched the truth about the cats... said that he and I were in Orlando for a conference (which he is) and that his brohter (lol) Ryan is housesitting for us and brought his cats over for his stay. We get back from Florida tonight and the cats will go back to their home as well. :lol:

She said that she'd give us the weekend to get everything sorted out, explained that we will now have monthly inspections and that having unauthorized animals in the house is grounds for eviction, where we'd lose our security deposit, have to pay a fine and court costs. YUK They will come back to search for animals on Tuesday.

:rolleyes:

This is going to be a montly thing as it turns out.... and bedrooms and closets are not safe from prying eyes of landlords... what the hell kind of place has montly inspections where they enter your bedroom and closets and search???

We have GOT to move.

Look up all landlord and tenant laws for Illinois pronto. Barnes and Noble probably has some you can flip through over coffee, though I can't guarantee how up-to-date they are. Tenants have rights to a lot if you actually look on the books, rights that may be obscure but which are legislated and valid just the same and which cannot be violated by a renter's agreement or pesky landlord.

fly said:
Put a deadbolt on the bedroom doors. Let them know that you'll forfeit the security deposit to repair the door.

If they put a deadbolt on the bedroom door, how are they going to lock it once they leave the room? Oh, right. The window.

fly said:
or i dunno, maybe, use the key?

Drool-Boy said:
Thats what I use to open mine with:confused:

SpangeMonkee said:
he's a bit slow. don't mind him.

I.C.Water said:

JJ Lady said:
Are you on drugs or just slow?

Where I come from, the deadbolt doesn't take a key. It's the "bolt" above the actual lock that you only lock from the inside and thus can't pick. Therefore, you have the lock (key) and either above or below that (usually above) you have the "deadbolt". Am I right, or am I right?

And screw all of you for making fun of me. :(

Sarcasmo said:
Where I come from, the deadbolt doesn't take a key. It's the "bolt" above the actual lock that you only lock from the inside and thus can't pick. Therefore, you have the lock (key) and either above or below that (usually above) you have the "deadbolt". Am I right, or am I right?

A bolt on a lock that is moved by turning the key or knob without activation of a spring.

Sarcasmo said:

Our deadbolt is above the actual lock as well, but also takes a key, sorry.

kiwi said:
Our deadbolt is above the actual lock as well, but also takes a key, sorry.

Okay fine. I can see this is Let's All Make Fun of Sarcasmo So We Can Sit Back and Feel Better About Ourselves night.

1095087012075.jpg

Sarcasmo said:
Okay fine. I can see this is Let's All Make Fun of Sarcasmo So We Can Sit Back and Feel Better About Ourselves night.

What an adorable picture. Are you really that cute and cuddly?