Well, it seems I need to step up the house hunt

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I understand. It would not be an option for me either.
I tell ya what, this management company really blows. Our garbage disposal broke, and the sink was stopped up (like standing water in the sink) they wouldn't come fix it for over a week despite calls everyday because they said it wasn't an emergency since we had other sinks in the house. Further they said that if our toilet ever clogged and/or broke, that wouldn't be an emergency either and would take up to 2 weeks to fix because it's a 2 toilet apartment.

THEN last month we were woken up at 1am because the ceiling was leaking... we 1/2 filled a pot with the toilet water that seeped thorugh the ceiling from our upstairs neighbor's broken toilet (that wasnt' an emergency either)

This place sucks, I've never had so much trouble with a management company before.

Holy crap, I can see why you are eager to get outta there.
I am dreading living in an appt when we first get married. In fact, I will probably never be content until I am living in my own house. Hopefully we wont have to wait too long before we can buy!

elpmis said:
it's possible, but you won't give me your cell phone number :(

It has a broken speaker silly pants. And its my company's, not mine. How bout I give you my GPS coordinates instead.

KNYTE said:
I also hate cats.

I don't hate cats but due to KNYTE's extreme dislike and high allergies to them we'll never get one. I do want a puppy though, but we are waiting till we are in a house with a yard.

Soooo Mike called the apartment people for me...

Told the truth about the ferret... we took that in for a friend who moved to California as they are banned from the state. Ferrets are very fickle creatures and cannot just be handed off to strangers all the time, they can die from that kind of stress. Pulled at her heart strings a bit so now she's being more lenient about that.

Stretched the truth about the cats... said that he and I were in Orlando for a conference (which he is) and that his brohter (lol) Ryan is housesitting for us and brought his cats over for his stay. We get back from Florida tonight and the cats will go back to their home as well. :lol:

She said that she'd give us the weekend to get everything sorted out, explained that we will now have monthly inspections and that having unauthorized animals in the house is grounds for eviction, where we'd lose our security deposit, have to pay a fine and court costs. YUK They will come back to search for animals on Tuesday.

:rolleyes:

This is going to be a montly thing as it turns out.... and bedrooms and closets are not safe from prying eyes of landlords... what the hell kind of place has montly inspections where they enter your bedroom and closets and search???

We have GOT to move.

zengirl said:
Soooo Mike called the apartment people for me...

Told the truth about the ferret... we took that in for a friend who moved to California as they are banned from the state. Ferrets are very fickle creatures and cannot just be handed off to strangers all the time, they can die from that kind of stress. Pulled at her heart strings a bit so now she's being more lenient about that.

Stretched the truth about the cats... said that he and I were in Orlando for a conference (which he is) and that his brohter (lol) Ryan is housesitting for us and brought his cats over for his stay. We get back from Florida tonight and the cats will go back to their home as well. :lol:

She said that she'd give us the weekend to get everything sorted out, explained that we will now have monthly inspections and that having unauthorized animals in the house is grounds for eviction, where we'd lose our security deposit, have to pay a fine and court costs. YUK They will come back to search for animals on Tuesday.

:rolleyes:

This is going to be a montly thing as it turns out.... and bedrooms and closets are not safe from prying eyes of landlords... what the hell kind of place has montly inspections where they enter your bedroom and closets and search???

We have GOT to move.
holy shit that's nazi style. that's why i bought a condo, nobody can just go through my place without my knowledge.

What are you going to do with the kittahs?

CletusJones said:
holy shit that's nazi style. that's why i bought a condo, nobody can just go through my place without my knowledge.

What are you going to do with the kittahs?
Put them in the car and drive around while the nazis are inspecting and try to find a house to move into.