Well, it seems I need to step up the house hunt

theacoustician said:
4. They scram as soon as they hear anything with a motor start up (coffee grinder, vacuum, etc). I can't even image the fun I'd have if they were too afraid to use the litter box because it had a motor in it
I have one cat who, it turns out, is afraid of the dark. I had to set up nightlights on the catboxes because the little imp would pee on the carpet all over the house because the catbox area was too dark.

edit: you have 4 cats? I don't feel so strange now... cuz you have doggies too, right?

:lol:

zengirl said:
I have one cat who, it turns out, is afraid of the dark. I had to set up nightlights on the catboxes because the little imp would pee on the carpet all over the house because the catbox area was too dark.

edit: you have 4 cats? I don't feel so strange now... cuz you have doggies too, right?

:lol:

aren't cats nocturnal hunters?

smileynev said:
aren't cats nocturnal hunters?
They have extra rods in their eyes and a reflective layer on their retinas so their night vision is better than that of humans, but they still can't see in the dark. They still need *some* light in order to see

smileynev said:
Cats are filthy little animals. And I'm sorry, but 5 cats total? thats a lot of stink.

Cats don't stink. It's the shit and the piss that stinks. Keep the box clean and it's not an issue.

zengirl said:
They have extra rods in their eyes and a reflective layer on their retinas so their night vision is better than that of humans, but they still can't see in the dark. They still need *some* light in order to see
lies. cats have night vision. that's the only explanation for the random night attacks I experience every time I crash at my friend Rich's place.

CletusJones said:
lies. cats have night vision. that's the only explanation for the random night attacks I experience every time I crash at my friend Rich's place.
even night vision is useless in complete darkness. All it does is amplify whatever little light is there... but there needs to be some to start with.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Woah that sucks. I dont know what I would do without a cat.
I hope we can get one fairly soon after moving into the appt and getting married
Yeah, getting rid of the cats is not an option... that's just not gonna happen. ;)