Well, it seems I need to step up the house hunt

fly said:
btw, remove the animals for the inspection, but leave the doors closed. Then booby-trap them Spy vs. Spy style.
I want to know why they were in my closed bedroom and my closed closet to change the freaking furnace filters... the furnace is in the kitchen on the other side of the apartment.

Cats are filthy little animals. And I'm sorry, but 5 cats total? thats a lot of stink.

zengirl said:
I want to know why they were in my closed bedroom and my closed closet to change the freaking furnace filters... the furnace is in the kitchen on the other side of the apartment.

They were looking for your....toys.

smileynev said:
Cats are filthy little animals. And I'm sorry, but 5 cats total? thats a lot of stink.
actually, my house doesn't smell. eileenbunny and itburnswhenipee have been there for a weekend, it's not a huge deal to keep your house from smelling, it's just the expense of buying a really good cat litter and cleaning the box everyday.

I'd booby trap the cats. When they try to pick one up have it explode into a fireball of fur and innards.

zengirl said:
actually, my house doesn't smell. eileenbunny and itburnswhenipee have been there for a weekend, it's not a huge deal to keep your house from smelling, it's just the expense of buying a really good cat litter and cleaning the box everyday.

Eileenbunny and itburnswhenIpee.....:fly:

And do you think most people take care of their pets that well?

zengirl said:
I've found that buying a big ass rubbermaid container, filling it with litter, and letting the little buggers use that as their place to go works wonders. The higher walls of the container keep them from kicking it out, the cats like the ability to move around more, and there's only 1 pan to clean.

smileynev said:
Eileenbunny and itburnswhenIpee.....:fly:

And do you think most people take care of their pets that well?
I'm not saying having a miniature zoo in a 1000 sq ft apartment is for everyone, but it works for us ;)

theacoustician said:
I've found that buying a big ass rubbermaid container, filling it with litter, and letting the little buggers use that as their place to go works wonders. The higher walls of the container keep them from kicking it out, the cats like the ability to move around more, and there's only 1 pan to clean.
I have 2 boxes... the littermaid electric one and a regular one. When we move we'll add a 3rd, probably another electric one... I think those are the greatest invention of the 20th century.

zengirl said:
I have 2 boxes... the littermaid electric one and a regular one. When we move we'll add a 3rd, probably another electric one... I think those are the greatest invention of the 20th century.
They're too small and scare the hell out of the cats.

theacoustician said:

My cats sit there and watch it like its the coolest thing theyve ever seen.
You can hear it go off sometimes from acrossed the house and theyll jump up and tearass over to watch it:wtf:

theacoustician said:
How many cats do you have?

Mine switch between that one and the regular one. We bought the regular one when we added the 2 newest cats... but they use the electric one now as well. It's funny because one cat does his #1 in the regular box and his #2 in the electric one.

zengirl said:

For some reason, the one we got broke after 1 month of use (cats kicked the litter close enough to jam the mechanism) so we went back to normal ones.

Coqui said:
For some reason, the one we got broke after 1 month of use (cats kicked the litter close enough to jam the mechanism) so we went back to normal ones.
My cats burned the motor out on the first one, I bought a second one after it had been "improved". I've had this one for 2 or 3 years now? The things are damned expensive, with the recepticles and filters and special litter and everything, but damn worth it. And that littermaid cat litter is the best cat litter I've ever used.

zengirl said:
How many cats do you have?

Mine switch between that one and the regular one. We bought the regular one when we added the 2 newest cats... but they use the electric one now as well. It's funny because one cat does his #1 in the regular box and his #2 in the electric one.
4. They scram as soon as they hear anything with a motor start up (coffee grinder, vacuum, etc). I can't even image the fun I'd have if they were too afraid to use the litter box because it had a motor in it