"Well, he's dead now."

Pancake Wagon said:
I was all ready to rile you up with a bunch of antiwar antisoldier crap, but then I noticed your discertation on the war and decided it was too late...:D:D:D
I'm not antisoldier, but I am antiwar. Unfortunatly, war is part of our nature. We will never escape it as it is part of what makes us human and what connects us to the rest of the animal kingdom. No other species kills each other for pleasure but every other species kills for each other for food or territory. I don't like war but I realize that is is necessary, thus I could never be anti-military. On the other hand, just because I appreciate the sacrifices these guys make and their willingness to put their asses on the line for me doesn't mean I agree in the least bit with the way their commander in chief and his cronies are running things.

This war is a crock of bullshit and anyone trying to justify or rationalize it is doing nothing mroe than toeing the party line and falling right into the very trap that the founding fathers feared for this place; relinquishing personal freedom for a false sense of security. This war was about personal revenge and long term profits. Freedom for the Iraqis is an added bonus; in all honesty the only reason they are about freedom for the Iraqis is to give them something to bullshit and rationalize with the American public. I just wish they would be up front about the whole deal. Do I agree with it? No. Do I realize that it's an inevitable situation due to the insanely rapid pace of our empire's growth? Of course. But I understand that there is nothing I can do about it because regardless of what the Constitution allows, one small group of people who feel the way I do will never alter the current course of human history that the US has bestowed upon the planet.

And just to add to the confusion, I voted for Bush.

Stick that in your bong and smoke it. :D

FlyNavy said:
And just to add to the confusion, I voted for Bush.

Stick that in your bong and smoke it. :D

Ok, so with that whole diatribe and dissection how could you vote for nearly the biggest reason this situation began? I'm not saying HOW COULD YOU OMG??!?! I'm just curious.

SwedishChef said:
Ok, so with that whole diatribe and dissection how could you vote for nearly the biggest reason this situation began? I'm not saying HOW COULD YOU OMG??!?! I'm just curious.
Because throughout this whole election there was only one issue on my mind.While I do give a shit about gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, taxes, and all that other crap, none of it mattered this time. None. The only thing on my mind was the fact that our country is in the middle of a war. Not shit bullshit "war on terrorism" buzz that Bush wants us to swallow, but a war on Iraq. Call it a war, conflict, whatever the fuck you want, it's still our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines over there risking their asses for us. I don't see it as a defensive maneuver in any way like the administration wants us to believe, it's not a fucking peace keeping effort. It's a goddamn invasion but regardless, they're still out there doing it for us.

Because of that, the conflict is the only issue at hand for me. I don't think it's wise to change the commander in chief in the middle of a conflict like this. If it was someone like Schwarzkopf I'd understand (but he wouldn't make a good president anyways...he wouldn't be liked in the political arena) but since there are no better options being presented to command our troops, I had to go with the least of all evils.

Kerry? An anti-military pussy. I don't give two shits what he says in interviews and debates, he's a fucking pansy that whined and moaned about how much he despised the guys he fought alongside and he would've ruined our armed forces within a year. Yes, he would've cut so much spending because as much as Bush flip flopped (i hate that fucking term) Kerry did it like a football player does an end zone dance. He would've pulled out like a nervous nerd on prom night and not done a goddamn thing without the approval of the entire UN. I understand our need to be negotiable with the rest of the world, but that's not what Kerry was. No, he can't wipe his ass without foreign approval.

Badnarik? Yeah, I agree with virtually every issue he stands on. Except one. Liberty dollar? Please, I've thought up crazy and more concrete shit than that while stoned. Yeah, let's jizz in everyone's face and tell them the bond they've been buying for the past half century are now void. Good job, moron. I've seen better economic strategies from a crack head.

I voted for Bush because I was given no other choice. Yes, Bush has royally fucked up and ruined this country for the past four years and will continue to do so. But Kerry would've turned it into an even bigger shitstorm and practically put a welcome mat out for more attacks. At least this way the shitheads who want to kill us know we've got a fucking lunatic in the white house who doesn't care what we want and will bomb them back to the stone age (although that'll set 'em back about what...two, three weeks?) if they even sneeze in our general direction.

I voted for Bush because my primary concern is the safety of this country and hell, call it a gut feeling but I just know that with Kerry in office we'd end up even more devastated than we're gonna be in the next few years. I voted for Bush because I tried to imagine myself out there and wondered what I would want were I in that situation. I voted for Bush because I was given no other choice.

Oh, and I'd like to see Hillary run in 08 :D

Last edited:
video of this was on tv last night. no weaponry on the insurgents part evident, the one who was rousing was slumped against a wall, he moved his head literally one inch, while spurting fucking blood from his eye. and the marine shot him. i'm fuckign disgusted

bungle said:
video of this was on tv last night. no weaponry on the insurgents part evident, the one who was rousing was slumped against a wall, he moved his head literally one inch, while spurting fucking blood from his eye. and the marine shot him.
so? chances are, had the guy had the chance he would've waited 'till the marine was checking him and slit his throat

This is war. War is dirty and horrifying but we send them out there to do this. So why the fuck do people complain about them doing the job they were trained to do with our tax dollars? This wasn't a war crime. There are no crimes in war unless you attack civilians, which we've done many times before and continue to do so. But no, this guy was shooting at them previously and thus makes him a combatant. Combatants are up for grabs; you shoot at someone, you have no right to bitch when they shoot back.

edit: wow, for some reason I got a sense of deja vu with this post :p

FlyNavy said:
so? chances are, had the guy had the chance he would've waited 'till the marine was checking him and slit his throat

This is war. War is dirty and horrifying but we send them out there to do this. So why the fuck do people complain about them doing the job they were trained to do with our tax dollars? This wasn't a war crime. There are no crimes in war unless you attack civilians, which we've done many times before and continue to do so. But no, this guy was shooting at them previously and thus makes him a combatant. Combatants are up for grabs; you shoot at someone, you have no right to bitch when they shoot back.

edit: wow, for some reason I got a sense of deja vu with this post :p
the guy was barely fucking capable of moving. he couldn't lift his arm to signal surrender, he could do nothing. IF there was evidence of him being right on the trigger of an explosive device that could risk the marines lives, then killing him would be justified. this was not.
what people like you continually fail to recognise is that when fucking retards like that marine shoot one person under questionable circumstances, the next day there are 10 new insurgents. the way american troops are approaching population control and situations where combatants and civilians are indivisible is like beating a virus with a club

bungle said:
the guy was barely fucking capable of moving. he couldn't lift his arm to signal surrender, he could do nothing. IF there was evidence of him being right on the trigger of an explosive device that could risk the marines lives, then killing him would be justified. this was not.
what people like you continually fail to recognise is that when fucking retards like that marine shoot one person under questionable circumstances, the next day there are 10 new insurgents. the way american troops are approaching population control and situations where combatants and civilians are indivisible is like beating a virus with a club
As far as you know he was barely capable of moving. They were hiding bombs in dead bodies, they were pretending to surrender to set up ambushes. You don't think there's any chance that a wounded guy would pretend to be completely incapacitated so he could kill just one more marine? So they should just assume that all the wounded are safe to be around unless they have a big red sign saying "LOL BOOBY TRAPPED PWNT"? You don't know that he couldn't do anything. Neither of us knows but in war you don't take those kinds of chances. Killing him was justified because he tried to kill them. Simple as that. He fired at other marines, he was trying to kill them.

No, I don't fail to realize that. But you seem to believe that the marines should put their own lives in unnecessary danger in hopes of being politically correct and saving a wounded enemy. They're not there for population control, they're there to fight a goddamn war and the most basic tactic of war is to deplete enemy ranks. You can't show me that 10 new insurgents come out of the woodwork when one is killed; that's a crock of shit that's yet to be proven. Anyone who wants to kill a marine has already decided to do so; seeing someone else get killed because they tried to kill someone will not push someone over the edge.

FlyNavy said:
As far as you know he was barely capable of moving. They were hiding bombs in dead bodies, they were pretending to surrender to set up ambushes. You don't think there's any chance that a wounded guy would pretend to be completely incapacitated so he could kill just one more marine? So they should just assume that all the wounded are safe to be around unless they have a big red sign saying "LOL BOOBY TRAPPED PWNT"? You don't know that he couldn't do anything. Neither of us knows but in war you don't take those kinds of chances. Killing him was justified because he tried to kill them. Simple as that. He fired at other marines, he was trying to kill them.

No, I don't fail to realize that. But you seem to believe that the marines should put their own lives in unnecessary danger in hopes of being politically correct and saving a wounded enemy. They're not there for population control, they're there to fight a goddamn war and the most basic tactic of war is to deplete enemy ranks. You can't show me that 10 new insurgents come out of the woodwork when one is killed; that's a crock of shit that's yet to be proven. Anyone who wants to kill a marine has already decided to do so; seeing someone else get killed because they tried to kill someone will not push someone over the edge.

ok i have had enough. i did the useless forums thing of leaving opinions of people from genmay behind and created a new opinion. my new opinion is that you are a blinkered idiot not worth talking to ever because you don't have the mental capacity to either listen to other people or to allow the possibility of a view that is not yours is correct. i will not be talking to you again

bungle said:
ok i have had enough. i did the useless forums thing of leaving opinions of people from genmay behind and created a new opinion. my new opinion is that you are a blinkered idiot not worth talking to ever because you don't have the mental capacity to either listen to other people or to allow the possibility of a view that is not yours is correct. i will not be talking to you again
:lol: so because I disagree you won't talk to me?

omfg that's genius...great way to sidestep a debate. instead of countering my points and presenting your own point of view you simply refuse to continue. who's the one that won't listen to others? i never said your opinion was wrong or retarded or insane, i just gave my opinion

this is great :lol: