Well, cross that location off my list

So they just introduced the bill to Parliment, who is looking to sign it into law. The capital punishment that was rumored to be removed from the bill is reinstated, as well as some new features.

One of them makes promoting homosexuality or writing about it or talking about it illegal.

All of this, according to the bill introducer, was to reduce child molestation as well as to "protect the cherished culture of the people of Uganda against the attempts of sexual rights activists seeking to impose their values of sex promiscuity on the people of Uganda".

Two more African countries have similar bills getting voted on, as well as two others reviewing similar laws.

This is ruling an entire demographic that according to Ugandans is a learned response because they do not believe western psychological studies against that notion is illegal, and talking about that demographic is illegal.

Because MY tax dollars are going to this. Because MY government that I voted in doesn't even have a statement. Because this bill is the most anti-homosexual laws of any land in the world. The witchhunt clause alone makes this the most anti-homosexual ruling in history.

I must admit this is a very tenuous indirect effect, but it is still a ruling happening to people of the utmost discriminatory in current times. It should be at least noted and in my eyes unsupported, financially and emotionally.

Your tax dollars are at work supporting the killing and oppression of people around the world, not just gays. Why are you suddenly angry now? Did you not notice that your government, just like every other government on planet earth is horribly corrupt and questionable? Then again, we don't know why our government is not willing to stand up against Uganda. I mean it's Uganda! It's not like there is a threat there. Maybe there is more to this story than we know, or maybe our government just feels like hating gay people. I really doubt they'd go out of their way though.

Your tax dollars are at work supporting the killing and oppression of people around the world, not just gays. Why are you suddenly angry now? Did you not notice that your government, just like every other government on planet earth is horribly corrupt and questionable? Then again, we don't know why our government is not willing to stand up against Uganda. I mean it's Uganda! It's not like there is a threat there. Maybe there is more to this story than we know, or maybe our government just feels like hating gay people. I really doubt they'd go out of their way though.

What I wish was that US did what Sweden is doing and pulling out their support. Of course the US's 1.2 billion is a bit of a larger hit than the $50mil Sweden gifts.

Because for every whiny liberal demanding we do something about it there is another whiny liberal demanding the military be disbanded because we have no right to influence other cultures.

What are we gonna do? Stop foreign aid? Great idea to me because the majority of that money goes to prop up the very leaders writing shit like this into law but most of the people in this country refuse to accept that and will cry and moan and bitch incessantly about how we're letting the poor Ugandans starve.

Last edited: