Welcome to the world baby girl!!

Neat. How's your vag feel?

It's pretty battered, bruised and swollen. I couldn't pee until around 4am this morning, around 2 am the nurse put a catheter in and got out 1350cc's (about 44oz) of pee that was just sitting in my bladder. :eeks: my vag has stitches, somewhere between 30-40... that doesn't feel too pleasant, but it'll be better in about a week or two.

Congratulations! And welcome to parenthood! You'll love it :)

I'm already lovin it, so far labor, delivery and parenthood have been the best parts of pregnancy, she really is a great baby :)

Enjoy the 300+ bills you will receive over the coming months after leaving the hospital for various stupid shit.

;) I have really good insurance, but I'm sure we're going to be quite impressed with the cost of the whole deal.

Congratulations! She's beautiful and we need more pics!

Yep yep! We can do that!!

I'm glad everything went so well. Congrats. I can't wait to meet her.

We can't wait for you to come too!! ;) We owe you guys a bbq!

Congratulations! Is this your first child?

As an expectant, first time Mom due in 6 weeks (YIKES~), I am going to need some more details.

yes, this is our first and only, we never planned on parenthood and I've had a pretty rough pregnancy so it's not something I would repeat, however, we were blessed with the quietest, most happy and content baby ever, and she's cute too!!

What kind of details do you need? I wasn't too stressed with the labor/delivery part although there were some unexpected parts. We were both surprised with how fast and easy it all was.

Let me know what details you want and I'll be more than happy to let you know what I know

I think youll notice that she said the epidural rocks.

yes it does... my water broke at midnight and I didn't get my first contraction until around 2am... I was on the phone with my mom and it was so intense I couldn't talk I couldn't move, I couldn't anything. It was shortly after that I turned to my brother and said, "Fskc natural childbirth, I'm getting an epidural"

got to the hospital with the intention of going as long as I could without medication, when I got there I was 0cm, at -1 station and 80% effaced, I made it to 2cm and 100% effaced... it was around 0430 and I just didn't want to take the contractions anymore. I mean... why? It hurt.... it hurt BAD, and I still had 8cm to go...

I got my epi, which was strange in and of itself, it's a lot of weird sensations going on in your back but it's over quickly, and then you go completely, totally 100% numb from top of the belly down. From that point on it was a party in the room.

I went from 2-10cm in about 6 hours, started pushing at 11am and delivered at 12:36am. It was really quite something.

i heard it's your taint that hurts afterward. yikes either way.

The pushing makes everything down there really sore afterwards. From your butthole to your perinnium to your vag... everything. It all gets super swollen and bruised, and if you have to have an episiotomy then you have that to deal with too. Ice is your friend

Ours totaled around 36k (for everything not just the first 3 days).

Going with a non epidural isn't that bad either, just FYI.

I have no idea how anyone can do it without and epidural... I chickened out after 2cm, I can't even imagine transition or pushing without chemical aid... Oh man... wow

img1646t.jpg

This was earlier this morning

:heart:

Congratulations!!! Lucky you having the epdirual, I was given no choice ;)

And yeah hospital bills are outrageous. We got one that was about $12K for just my bloodwork that they did. Baby only was $4K (would've been 3K but they let him stay until I was discharged) Fortunately insurance covered nearly everything.

BTW, with my first two, I NEVER saw bills!!

The last however, was out of state ins. and I had to pay all my blood tests, etc...

I have no idea how anyone can do it without and epidural... I chickened out after 2cm, I can't even imagine transition or pushing without chemical aid... Oh man... wow

I wouldn't have had the option with the last two even if I wanted one. I was only in labor for 5 hours with Ky, started at 1 am, left for the hospital just after 5, got into my room at 6, had baby at 6:50. I went from a 4-10cm in 15 minutes.

With Ian I didn't dilate as quickly, but was only in labor for 3 1/2 hours, still no time for an epidural.

One of my sisters was in labor for 3 hours from start to finish with her first, she also didn't get the option.

It helps when your labors are very fast! I had nothing with my older two, but my last, I decided on an epidural ONLY because I wanted to actually "experience" the birth, not have everything such a blur.

Also, my crotch was not sore after each one, just the stitches. I love docs who are badass at stitches and give you a nice sewing, so you're back to new within abt 3-4 weeks.

Last edited: