Welcome to the New Yankme Workshop

So how hard would it be to yank out a fireplace? You could fill the chimney hole with a small spiral staircase that leads to a rooftop lookout.
Do you know how small chimneys are? It would be lucky if you could fit a ladder in the hole left.

Also I didnt even know texans knew what stairs were. Lol ground floor houses.

my sister used to live in a place with a fireplace she never used. she put a bunch of candles in it. looked pretty cool.

my sister used to live in a place with a fireplace she never used. she put a bunch of candles in it. looked pretty cool.

Books stacked in fireplace = someone telling me I had *such* style. I actually just ran out of room on the floor though...

Oh, you mean the ones that just look like a burning fire. I thought you meant the devices that are essentially electric space heaters that look like fireplaces.
yeah, those you can run with or without heat. the fire image is optical. in general they're a suck replacement for a real fire, but it's better than nothing. we're putting one in a high-rise unit for a client. it's ridiculous that they have a gas range but aren't allowed to put in a gas fireplace.