Weird day

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
Yesterday had a couple of weird things happen. I was sitting in the living room watching t.v. in the afternoon when I heard a loud *thud*. I looked out and there was a dead bird on the deck. I went out on the deck and found that there were actually EIGHT dead birds, all the same breed, in approximately the same position. Not a mark on them, just a bunch of dead birds falling from the sky.

After bed last night I saw a large flash outside the window, accompanied by a bang. Then the cable went out... then the power. Apparently a transformer blew up on a pole. Fortunately the rain put the fire out even before the fire truck got there.

I looked into the bird thing. I guess the breed (a type of waxwing) shares food, and can actually get so drunk off of overripe fruit that they can't fly. I'm thinking what I saw was the bird equivalent of a guy driving a minivan into the ditch with a crowd headed home from the bar.

As for the transformer, the power was back on this morning. It saved me from the time change. Because the power went out I set the alarm on my mobile, which automatically made the time change. If I'd been relying on my standard alarm I'd have been late.

because they moved up daylight savings time a few weeks -- this is why computers and such didn't automatically update. that's what i've heard, anyway.

Oh, and DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER. OMG IT MIGHT REDUCE OUR ENERGY USAGE BY 1%, AND DESPITE NEVER HAVING DONE SO LET'S CONTINUE TO IMPLEMENT IT!!!!!!!!11

Oh, and DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER. OMG IT MIGHT REDUCE OUR ENERGY USAGE BY 1%, AND DESPITE NEVER HAVING DONE SO LET'S CONTINUE TO IMPLEMENT IT!!!!!!!!11
I wonder if they are moving towards doing away with it and this is just a step in that direction.

I am sorry but if I walked out in my backyard and noticed multiple cases of dead wildlife I would be calling the Haz-Mat fawks.
I have a haz-mat protocol that I implemented to deal with the problem. It involves plastic bags and a cigarette.

I wonder if they are moving towards doing away with it and this is just a step in that direction.
well, sort of. actually the other way around though. they're trying to do away with standard time, and make it daylight savings all year long. I heard once that they'd tried it before, but that some kid waiting for a school bus in the dark (because the sun wasn't up yet) got hit and killed.

me, i'm all for standardizing daylight savings. I hate it when it's dark after work. I like the extra hour of sunshine so I can do stuff after like go for a bike ride.

Last edited:
Why would you have to change time instead of just waking up earlier? Make working hours 7 to 4. IT'S THE SAME THING

Apparently the folks in charge of tracking west nile virus only care of a blue jay, crow or hawk is found dead. Also, dead birds are to be disposed of in the trash. It's illegal to bury them in your yard.