Weighing up my employment at the moment

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,371
Basically my job is driving me mad, I hate it, I hate the monotony of it and there are huge changes planned for us in the beginning of the new year which will mean getting shit on workload wise even more than I already am.

I'm thinking about quitting and taking up temping round the hospital full time instead.

Pro's of temping:

More money
Varied because you change jobs all the time so I don't get bored
You can just tell them not to get you a job for a few weeks if you want time off

Cons:

Not entirely guaranteed (although it pretty much is)
I would be kind of fucking up my current department if I left.

Any thoughts?

Most people hate work and their jobs. Sometimes you just have to deal with it. If you can find something better by all means go for but remember no matter what every job will eventually get that way.

Most people hate work and their jobs. Sometimes you just have to deal with it. If you can find something better by all means go for but remember no matter what every job will eventually get that way.

See this is the thing about temping, you could be working in a place for only 3 weeks or so, then you move somewhere else for few months etc etc. Cannot really get too boring if you're constantly doing new jobs.

??

it's all fine and good until you have bills do and no temp jobs in the works. Happens quite often.

Security is sometimes enough to balance the shit end of a job out.

See this is the thing about temping, you could be working in a place for only 3 weeks or so, then you move somewhere else for few months etc etc. Cannot really get too boring if you're constantly doing new jobs.

??

True but you get no stability and your benefits basically suck. But then again you're young enough that it's not as much of an issue right now.

True but you get no stability and your benefits basically suck. But then again you're young enough that it's not as much of an issue right now.

You'd be surprised, they give sick pay and 20+days holiday a year, plus you can just take the pay instead of having holidays. Pays $15/hour as well. I was temping in the job Im now in and then applied for the full time post, I took a pay cut of £200/month to do it. :(

You'd be surprised, they give sick pay and 20+days holiday a year, plus you can just take the pay instead of having holidays. Pays $15/hour as well. I was temping in the job Im now in and then applied for the full time post, I took a pay cut of £200/month to do it. :(

I'm more talking along the lines of retirement type stuff.