Weekly Top Gear thread

Or even more important who was the stig for the one where they blew the mini down the ski slope, or where they took the ski slege thing off the slope? Insurance for that stunt musta been a bitch.

or when they killed the first stig by driving him off the deck of an aircraft carrier into the ocean...did his widow get paid off decently I hope?

I was a bit upset that they'd try and play on unveiling him tbh, I totally do not want to know. Especially seeing as it's fairly obvious it's not always the same guy.

well it makes sense that schumacher would be Ferrari stig. he was practically born in the seat of one from how he drives them. but i can't see him being able to handle an aston DB7 around the track like that, or even the zonda for that matter

well it makes sense that schumacher would be Ferrari stig. he was practically born in the seat of one from how he drives them. but i can't see him being able to handle an aston DB7 around the track like that, or even the zonda for that matter

:wtf: who would be more qualified?

Not sure if you guys got to see the episode from last night yet but damn that Lotus was fine, and 50k is pretty cheap, I could probably afford that in a few years time. :drool:

And wtf Michael Schumacher is not the Stig. I thought it was gonna be Damon Hill but Schumacher has such a distinctive body shape it just doesn't add up at all.
IMO it was the only way you could get a FXX onto top gear, and Schumacher prob said, "Hey the guy that brought an enzo on the show got to push his book, you push my rum commercial" BTW that lap time was amazing.

Being the watch nerd that I am I noticed that Clarkson had an Omega Railmaster XL on, I know before he had a Omega Planet Ocean and before that a Seamaster Bond. James is the big watch collector on the show though, he has a ton of watches.

I don't think he is the full time stig, but I think he could swing a DB7 and a Zonda around the track just fine.

:wtf: who would be more qualified?

This ^^^

IMO it was the only way you could get a FXX onto top gear, and Schumacher prob said, "Hey the guy that brought an enzo on the show got to push his book, you push my rum commercial" BTW that lap time was amazing.

Kinda irked me a bit though. The deal we have because we fund the BBC is that they don't advertise, product place or show any bias. 'Oh you're the spokesperson for BACARDI' kinda ruins that whole remit.

Yeah, at least they were very up front about it w/ the Enzo. I'm guessing it was not easy to be "upfront" about it when they are playing Schumacher as the stig.