Web forums ain't what they used to be

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
(UF is a rare exception, mostly because I know you people)

I'm totally bored of general web forums. They're not entertaining anymore. I don't know if I've just outgrown them or not, but it seems like they generally suck nowadays.

Worthwhile content and interesting posts have been replaced by copy pasta and bull shit in weak attempts at getting "the lulz". For every one useful post there are 15 posts of smileys, "lol", "u mad", or some other such dumb crap.

No one posts personal stories or pics any more out of fear of some "anon" faggot ruining their lives over it, or just being horrendously offensive for the "fun" of it.

Girls may as well not even show up any more. At first they're sackridden hard, the hordes of ravenous virgins demanding pics of whatever exposed skin they can possibly negotiate into. But as soon as the OP fails to deliver, or turns down several virgins over PM, they're suddenly hated and then run off the forum. GG, virgins.

This isn't to say that web forums don't have their uses of course. Topic specific ones are usually fine, with the exception of any forum that has to do with guns, which are havens for redneckery and stupidity. If I need an answer to pretty any question I know I'll find the answer on a forum, whether that's by posting it, or by a google search result. Aside from the topic-specific stuff though I think web forums are done, replaced by twitter and facebook where people can be selective about who gets to read and see what.

Too bad too, they used to be really funny.

Last edited:
This one and 4lulz are the only ones I check every day. I'm with you, kinda bored of the lame shenanigans.

Meh.. I'm not a social person, and don't really care much for interacting with people in real life. I get bored of people very quickly, and in face to face interaction it's not so simple to just cut them off and walk away. This is way I like forums. As soon as I've had enough, I close the browser and everyone is as good as nonexistent.

However I do feel you on the lol u mad, no u mad crap. This is why I hardly post on NN.

I generally like people, but I've always found most forums to be stupid bs. I guess it just used to be novel. Now I look here sometimes and at a couple of topic specific forums, but I guess I've never been too invested in any one spot. I like real life. My online life has always been for the times when I can't participate in real life because I don't feel well enough. Also, I used it to meet people when I moved to a place where I knew nobody. In a round-about way, that's how I met all of you and I'm really glad I did.

Meh.. I'm not a social person, and don't really care much for interacting with people in real life. I get bored of people very quickly, and in face to face interaction it's not so simple to just cut them off and walk away. This is way I like forums. As soon as I've had enough, I close the browser and everyone is as good as nonexistent.

However I do feel you on the lol u mad, no u mad crap. This is why I hardly post on NN.

It's not just NN anymore either, every general forum out there is the same thing.

Honestly I have to blame the generation that got out of high school in the last 5 or so years. They're all morons.

What type of oil should I use in my .45ACP truck?

40w100

My daily checks are here, an allotment/veg growing forum, a Liverpool FC forum, an Ice Hockey forum, a parking/clamping/speeding ticket help forum and a small forum of old internet friends. I also used to post on some music forums but got fed up of oldies insisting 'music ain't what it used to be' or yougsters who know nothing about music pre-2000 and think dance music was invented in 1996.

It's not just NN anymore either, every general forum out there is the same thing.

Honestly I have to blame the generation that got out of high school in the last 5 or so years. They're all morons.

40w100

I just quit an MMA forum because of some members who all happen to be around that age.

This forum and my forum are the only ones I give a shit about now. And my forum is only holding onto it's spot on that list by a thread.

I'm only on this one and that's because I know so many of the people IRL. I prefer to interact in person so even this one is limited.

i prefer the irc's for general internet stuff.

all the forums i visit besides this one are tied to a specific subject and are also local (or at least have a local subforum)... this is the only general forum and the only anonymous forum i visit. before this it was genmay (and there was a large multi-year gap in between me quitting that forum and me starting to post on this forum)... and i only ended up there because of the [h].

I miss the old days of Photoshop threads on Genmay.

I think that was the last true joy I had on a general faggotry forum.

at least you don't have top deal with tabletop gaming nerds. they are either rumour starters who go on huge illuminati rants or people who can only remember how things used to be or puppy kickers(people who enjoy twisting rules to beat the crap outta new players)

girls are even rarer there. but at least they are there for artistic talent.

Oh yeah and the narcissistic artists that can't paint their way outta a paper bag.