Web forums ain't what they used to be

I wonder how many times that pic of Ape has been chopped?

ObviousApril.jpg

I think I did a chop or two with the ape face. I just looked on my computers at work and couldn't find anything so they must be at home. While looking I ran across pics from the shamy wedding. :waw:

(UF is a rare exception, mostly because I know you people)

I'm totally bored of general web forums. They're not entertaining anymore. I don't know if I've just outgrown them or not, but it seems like they generally suck nowadays.

Worthwhile content and interesting posts have been replaced by copy pasta and bull shit in weak attempts at getting "the lulz". For every one useful post there are 15 posts of smileys, "lol", "u mad", or some other such dumb crap.

No one posts personal stories or pics any more out of fear of some "anon" faggot ruining their lives over it, or just being horrendously offensive for the "fun" of it.

Girls may as well not even show up any more. At first they're sackridden hard, the hordes of ravenous virgins demanding pics of whatever exposed skin they can possibly negotiate into. But as soon as the OP fails to deliver, or turns down several virgins over PM, they're suddenly hated and then run off the forum. GG, virgins.

This isn't to say that web forums don't have their uses of course. Topic specific ones are usually fine, with the exception of any forum that has to do with guns, which are havens for redneckery and stupidity. If I need an answer to pretty any question I know I'll find the answer on a forum, whether that's by posting it, or by a google search result. Aside from the topic-specific stuff though I think web forums are done, replaced by twitter and facebook where people can be selective about who gets to read and see what.

Too bad too, they used to be really funny.

I hear ya. Which is why I barely post anywhere, and when I do, it's just stupid, mindless crap, because I don't want to deal with the drama, too.