Web design problem

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,574
I am working on a new webpage and have used div layers, but I'm just learning how to use them. I want there to be a space between the words and the scrollbar, anyone know how to do that? This is the page I'm working on.

I want the space between the scrollbar on the right of the text paragraph, as it is now with justified text (which I prefer) it ends up right next to the scrollbar (the white one in the page, not the main one) and I want a 5-10 px buffer there. Does that make sense?

kiwi said:
I want the space between the scrollbar on the right of the text paragraph, as it is now with justified text (which I prefer) it ends up right next to the scrollbar (the white one in the page, not the main one) and I want a 5-10 px buffer there. Does that make sense?

You could force it to a specific width using a table.

Edit:

your table dimensions are greater than your div dimensions. Perhaps this is part of the problem.

edit redux:

<table align="center" width="750px" height="637px" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<div style="height:186px; top:5px; width:650px; overflow:auto">

itburnswhenipee said:
You could force it to a specific width using a table.

I'm not sure how that would work with the way I have the div layer set up, the scrollbar is there because there is more text than fits in the box, putting it in a new table would add more space to the outside of the scrollbar, not between it and the text.

See my last edit.

The table is 100px wider than the box, but the overflow settings automatically reformat the text to fit within the box. If you make the table, say, 50px narrower than the box you may solve your problem.

edit: nevermind. Just tried it. Regardless of the table width the text butts right up against the scroll bar.

Last edited:
I got it to work. I made a table for the text inside the div layer, not sure if that's what anyone was suggesting and I wasn't getting it, but thanks for you help!

you should set the color of the scrollbar to match your page.

edit:

Code:
<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body
{
scrollbar-base-color: #EC5185;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #00000;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #9D4C67;
scrollbar-face-color: #E7A8BD;