wearing a tie sux

why_ask_why said:
I keep getting snags in my ties working on printers and computers...sux buying nice ties only to have them ruined by the job :(

I know how you feel, except I was messing up shirts. When I was still at microcenter they wanted me to dress up at first when they first opened because I would spend more time out on the floor until business picked up, I ended up shreading sleeves of at least 4 shirts in four months time, not to meantion ties, going out on the floor completely dusty and so forth. Completely sucked ass. Had to tell them, look either pay me more so I can buy new shirts, or pay the bills to have them repaired and dry cleaned instead of having to wash them every single day.

Ryokurin said:
I know how you feel, except I was messing up shirts. When I was still at microcenter they wanted me to dress up at first when they first opened because I would spend more time out on the floor until business picked up, I ended up shreading sleeves of at least 4 shirts in four months time, not to meantion ties, going out on the floor completely dusty and so forth. Completely sucked ass. Had to tell them, look either pay me more so I can buy new shirts, or pay the bills to have them repaired and dry cleaned instead of having to wash them every single day.

the real kick in the pants is the execs make like 7 figures and don't have to wear a tie whereas I make less than 6 figures and it's mandatory:rant:

why_ask_why said:
the real kick in the pants is the execs make like 7 figures and don't have to wear a tie whereas I make less than 6 figures and it's mandatory:rant:
that's how it works. the owner of our bank (yes, one guy owns the 2.2 billion bank) walks around in t-shirts and cutoff sweatpants with sandals all summer long. In the winter he wears slacks and polos or sweaters. it's weird.

CletusJones said:
that's how it works. the owner of our bank (yes, one guy owns the 2.2 billion bank) walks around in t-shirts and cutoff sweatpants with sandals all summer long. In the winter he wears slacks and polos or sweaters. it's weird.

what bank?

CletusJones said:

ya well , he owns the bank, not like anyones gonna bitch him out for dresscode violations or anything

Desslock said:
That's what you get for getting that Mr. Fancypants job. :mad: :fly:

I couldn't really pass up the job...2 people before me have been promoted to director and beyond from this position :cool:

why_ask_why said:
I couldn't really pass up the job...2 people before me have been promoted to director and beyond from this position :cool:

Well then you gotta take the good with the bad. A tie clip or pin is your best bet or when your doing something just throw the tie over your shoulder.

why don't you tuck it into your shirt or better yet wear a bowtie. that would be so hot... :p

ChikkenNoodul said:
Or one of those T-Shirts with the tie screen-printed onto it.

Damnit.

I was gonna say that, and the spinning bow tie idea.

Okay, how about one like Bill Nye had, with the lights on it?