Ontopic We The Sheeple - Rand Paul creates a scenario

Maybe because it's explicitly illegal they didn't think it needed to be reiterated yet the drama queen GOP took it as an opportunity for a possible Obama smear so they ran with it?

no. It's because of this (it's NBC so the lefties can quickly affirm it's validity)

But the most controversial drone strike took place on Oct. 14, 2011, when 16-year-old Abdulrahman was killed by U.S. forces.
Family of the Denver-born teenager say he had no ties to terrorist organizations and was unjustly targeted because of his father.
Nassar al-Awlaki, grandfather of Abdulrahman and father to Anwar, said he tried to protect his grandson as Anwar al-Awlaki’s profile grew.
In December, Nassar al-Awlaki told CNN, “In Anwar it was expected because he was under targeted killing, but how in the world they will go and kill Abdulrahman. Small boy, U.S. citizen from Denver, Colorado.”
Nassar al-Awlaki said his grandson snuck out of their Yemen home one night, leaving a note for his mother saying he would return in a few days. The boy never returned, killed instead while eating at an outdoor restaurant.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/05/16856963-american-drone-deaths-highlight-controversy?lite

and this, from a democrat:

PORTLAND, Ore. – After requesting it for two years, U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., has finally received the Obama administration's full legal analysis on why it thinks it can target and kill Americans suspected of terrorism. After it was supplied, he now publicly supports President Obama's pick to lead the CIA.

Where do you get the authority to kill a non combatant US citizen without due process?

That's the question that Holder dodged and dodged and dodged. Up until Cruz held his feet to the fire yesterday and dismissed him as continuing to evade the question.

Yet everyone here clearly knew it. Either Holder's an idiot or he was misquoted/misinterpreted.

In the letter, Holder says the U.S. has never carried out a drone strike against one of its citizens on American soil, and calls a situation where such a strike may occur "entirely hypothetical" and "unlikely to occur."
However, Holder does not entirely rule out that such a scenario may occur in the future, and indicates that such a strike would be legal under the Constitution.
“It is possible, I suppose, to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the president to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States," Holder said.

So they say they *could* kill Americans on American soil and we should just go, "LOL, he made a mistake." Seems legit.

Holder was the drama queen. He could have easily responded "no" any number of times.

He definitely shares some responsibility. The GOP could have also waited for clarification before the 13 hours of drama filibuster. How about working on some actual legislation, you dolts?

waited for clarification? This has been a long time coming. Wyden was asking for info for two years, & Rand Paul sent 3 formal letters to Brennan - Obama's guy who masterminded the drone attacks - 3 times - the first being January 25th.

I get that Obama wants to be able to say "yup, we're legal." and carry on drone kills without producing evidence that he's actually legal. But it's a bit paradoxical that non combative US citizens, who are entitled to Due Process under the 5th amendment, can be executed without due process, and further, that up until 2 days ago, Obama didn't provide any 'here our legal analysis how we come to the decision to kill US citizens.'

Believe it. The source is a very senior media person.

I highly suggest you and this "very senior media person" do this because you both are too stupid to live.
attachment.php

Washington Post said:
A Learjet carrying professional golfer Payne Stewart and at least four others streaked uncontrolled for thousands of miles across the heart of the country today, its occupants apparently unconscious or already dead, before it plunged nose first and crashed in a field near this north-central South Dakota hamlet.

No one on the ground was hurt and there were no survivors aboard the aircraft, which came down in a marshy area about two miles southwest of here.

The cause of the uncontrolled flight and crash after the Learjet 35 apparently ran out of fuel were not known, but aviation experts speculated that the aircraft may have lost pressurization and that emergency backup systems failed as the plane's autopilot kept it in the air. Loss of pressurization above 30,000 feet would cause occupants of the aircraft to lose consciousness from oxygen deficiency in one to two minutes, the experts said.

During some of its eerie, almost four-hour journey from Orlando to a swampy grassland in South Dakota, the Learjet was shadowed by Air Force and Air National Guard jet fighters, whose pilots reported that the aircraft's windows were frosted over, suggesting that it had lost pressurization. The Air Force pilots also reported that the Learjet meandered from as low as 22,000 feet to as high as 51,000 feet, but never strayed from a northwest heading.

The military aircraft were not armed with air-to-air missiles, and Pentagon officials said they never considered shooting down the Learjet.

"The [Federal Aviation Administration] said this thing was headed to a sparsely populated part of the country, so let it go," a senior defense official said.

So far the CIA operating on US soil is concerned, I highly suggest anyone read the Church Committee reports that came out of the Watergate scandal.

Last edited:
So, how do you think Payne Stewart's gassed up, running on auto-pilot plane went down in a field in the middle of nowhere? Magic? Wishful thinking? The power of prayer? :tard:

no. It's because of this (it's NBC so the lefties can quickly affirm it's validity)

But the most controversial drone strike took place on Oct. 14, 2011, when 16-year-old Abdulrahman was killed by U.S. forces.
Family of the Denver-born teenager say he had no ties to terrorist organizations and was unjustly targeted because of his father.
Nassar al-Awlaki, grandfather of Abdulrahman and father to Anwar, said he tried to protect his grandson as Anwar al-Awlaki’s profile grew.
In December, Nassar al-Awlaki told CNN, “In Anwar it was expected because he was under targeted killing, but how in the world they will go and kill Abdulrahman. Small boy, U.S. citizen from Denver, Colorado.”
Nassar al-Awlaki said his grandson snuck out of their Yemen home one night, leaving a note for his mother saying he would return in a few days. The boy never returned, killed instead while eating at an outdoor restaurant.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/05/16856963-american-drone-deaths-highlight-controversy?lite

and this, from a democrat:

PORTLAND, Ore. – After requesting it for two years, U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., has finally received the Obama administration's full legal analysis on why it thinks it can target and kill Americans suspected of terrorism. After it was supplied, he now publicly supports President Obama's pick to lead the CIA.

Where do you get the authority to kill a non combatant US citizen without due process?

That's the question that Holder dodged and dodged and dodged. Up until Cruz held his feet to the fire yesterday and dismissed him as continuing to evade the question.

Actually it was while eating breakfast at the cafe that they spotted the drones. It was when they tried to flee in a vehicle is when he died.

So, how do you think Payne Stewart's gassed up, running on auto-pilot plane went down in a field in the middle of nowhere? Magic? Wishful thinking? The power of prayer? :tard:

Payne was supposed to fly from Northern Florida to Texas. I don't know, how about no more fuel for the engines to burn. I'm sure that erratic flight level didn't help either. :tard::rolleyes:

Payne was supposed to fly from Northern Florida to Texas. I don't know, how about no more fuel for the engines to burn. I'm sure that erratic flight level didn't help either. :tard::rolleyes:

You think Payne was flying some beater single prop Cessna? :lol:
Learjet 35 with a range of 2800 miles. Erratic flight level? It was on auto.

Keep grasping for straws though. It's amusing.

Reports are obviously inconsistent, but indicate that drone strikes kill up to 50 civilians for every terrorist targeted. Nah, I'm sure those people won't hate us and want to blow us up!

Reports are obviously inconsistent, but indicate that drone strikes kill up to 50 civilians for every terrorist targeted. Nah, I'm sure those people won't hate us and want to blow us up!

You're 11 years too late on that conclusion. We've already killed 100s of thousands with some reports putting that number over a million. Not like that should be any excuse to continue however.

You're 11 years too late on that conclusion. We've already killed 100s of thousands with some reports putting that number over a million. Not like that should be any excuse to continue however.

Of course we have. We've gone to war door to door in foreign cities. Pretty sure we haven't killed a million with drones, which was the crux of my post.

Of course we have. We've gone to war door to door in foreign cities. Pretty sure we haven't killed a million with drones, which was the crux of my post.

That's barely the issue in light of how many we've already killed in untold other ways is what I was pointing out. It's not like we've only now just pissed them off with some drone attacks.