Ontopic We The Sheeple - Rand Paul creates a scenario

Where in the constitution does it state that he has the ability to assasinate any us citizens?

So, if he knows an airplane is going to purposefully strike the Sears Tower, and does nothing to stop it, and thousands die, and his response 'People on the internet have said it's not in the constitution', you're okay with that.

I have it from very good sources we shot down Payne Stewart's plane when everyone on board went unresponsive.

I don't believe we shot it down, but I do know it was actually discussed as an option if it looked like it was going to crash on a concentrated population center. I remember it being said.

So, you're okay with just an average everyday cop doing it, but not the president doing so when he establishes a clear danger to the public?
Where did I say I was ok with a cop shooting an innocent person?

And no, without sufficient evidence that the citizen was a danger, without a trial by jury, without legal proceedings, no. I'm not ok with it, it sets a dangerous precedent.

I don't believe we shot it down, but I do know it was actually discussed as an option if it looked like it was going to crash on a concentrated population center. I remember it being said.

Believe it. The source is a very senior media person.

So, if he knows an airplane is going to purposefully strike the Sears Tower, and does nothing to stop it, and thousands die, and his response 'People on the internet have said it's not in the constitution', you're okay with that.
You once told me that I should stop making up scenarios. When is what you're suggesting going to ever happen?

9/11 ring a bell?
That has already happened, shit ain't gonna happen again unless they get guns on the plane. The TSA is worthless, but not that worthless. *note: not saying that a Cessna won't be used, but that's not the scenario that you've devised.

NYC has a radius of at least 5 miles, how are you going to shoot down a plane big enough to "kill thousands" without creating huge amounts of collateral damage? How are you going to determine where a jet is heading from that far out? The Sears Tower might be justifiable as it's right over the lake, and conceivably in the flight-line of O'Hare, but by the time it deviates you won't have something close enough to do anything about it

That has already happened, shit ain't gonna happen again unless they get guns on the plane. The TSA is worthless, but not that worthless. *note: not saying that a Cessna won't be used, but that's not the scenario that you've devised.

NYC has a radius of at least 5 miles, how are you going to shoot down a plane big enough to "kill thousands" without creating huge amounts of collateral damage? How are you going to determine where a jet is heading from that far out? The Sears Tower might be justifiable as it's right over the lake, and conceivably in the flight-line of O'Hare, but by the time it deviates you won't have something close enough to do anything about it

So, then you are saying if they can do it without causing collateral damage, you are okay with it then.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mr. Asa
You once told me that I should stop making up scenarios. When is what you're suggesting going to ever happen?
9/11 ring a bell?

a) you keep pretending this is a 'lethal force' debate. It's not. In fact, in a 9/11 scenario any cop with rocket launcher can take out the plane. You don't need a Power Hungry president for that.

b) none of the 19 terrorists were US citizens.

a) you keep pretending this is a 'lethal force' debate. It's not. In fact, in a 9/11 scenario any cop with rocket launcher can take out the plane. You don't need a Power Hungry president for that.

b) none of the 19 terrorists were US citizens.

:lol: Oh man, you are a riot.

First, those planes were loaded with hundreds of american citizens. Did you forget that little detail. And, with that in mind, you are okay with a cop with a rocket launcher shooting down american citizens, but not the president.

Oh man... You're a hoot!

So, then you are saying if they can do it without causing collateral damage, you are okay with it then.
I was not clear, I apologize. It might be a justifiable plan to shoot them down to prevent collateral damage. However, how are they going to prove that they were heading for the Sears Tower?

No, I am not ok with it.

:lol: Oh man, you are a riot.

First, those planes were loaded with hundreds of american citizens. Did you forget that little detail. And, with that in mind, you are okay with a cop with a rocket launcher shooting down american citizens, but not the president.

Oh man... You're a hoot!

You've become quite the caricature of yourself. Really. I'm actually embarrased for you that you actually need further explanation. Please, keep laughing though. It spotlights your lack of capacity.

wait for it. Have someone read it slowly to you: There were thousands of people in the buildings they hit. the little detail you conveniently overlook.

And lastly, you're comparing a guy eating a sandwich at a picnic table to a guy that's has hijacked a plane and is flying it into a building. You're sad.

Last edited: