Thread We should make common sense a high school requirement.

Black Manta

Flaccid Member
Jun 15, 2007
Marklar
₥0
I probably posted something about this before, so I'll try to be brief...

My 17 year old daughter gets hit by a minivan. The driver stops in the street and they beside to go to the sidewalk. My daughter goes to the sidewalk and the driver takes off.

My daughter calls us and we get there quickly and take her to the ER where she has to surgery.

The vehicle that hit her was an LE. Being an LE plus the location of the accident plus the general description of the driver would really be pretty easy to solve. I am sure if I had access to BMV's databank I could find this driver in less that an hour.

The cops really didn't seem all that interested. I contacted our insurance company thinking they would be motivated to find the driver. They refer me to a company that handles these type of investigations.

So what's been happening is that this company calls us every couple weeks asking me if I have any information. And from the conversations I've had with them this is ALL they are doing. Calling me is the extent of their investigation.

I just don't get it. I know this sounds bad, but sometimes I hope this driver hits someone else, gets caught and the powers that be get sued for really doing the bare minimal.

I remember you telling this story before. It's amazing, and saddening, at the stuff people get away with.

That person needs to follow the 'you break, you buy' philosophy. You can't hit a child on a bicycle and leave... it is irresponsible.

Meh, we've all said that before... anyways...

IB Liam comes in here and says its not necessary. :fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Police detectives are not like they are on tv. Just watch the First 48 hours tv show and you realize that most of them are total idiots and it's a fucking miracle any real crimes ever get solved. And remember the people they show on tv are what that police stations must have thought was their best representatives to show on tv.

Good luck.

Police detectives are not like they are on tv. Just watch the First 48 hours tv show and you realize that most of them are total idiots and it's a fucking miracle any real crimes ever get solved. And remember the people they show on tv are what that police stations must have thought was their best representatives to show on tv.

Good luck.

I think it's less than half of all murders are ever solved.

Whatever happened to Liams "americans don't care about others" campaign?

campaign? :lol:

You fuckers think you care about each other? :lol:

Sitting on the internet debating semantics over a one sided story is not caring about your fellow countrymen.