WTF We know fly doesn't like heights, but what's your phobia?

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,711
Steam
asastang
Heights aren't so much a thing for me unless I'm standing on them. However:

Tiny closed spaces aren't fun.
hFaeLtd.gif

And, considering how many times I've injured myself, I really don't like certain types of graphic injuries. Slow slicing, and punctures by things I might use.
These are examples, I will only link them. Be careful of the gif, it's from a Dali movie if that helps you place it.
http://i.imgur.com/roLOHki.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/byR6vWY.jpg

(There used to be a much better pic I had of the fishing hook stuff)

Thank you, keeks. That's closer to the reaction I was hoping for

Can everyone find an example of what really tweaks you about your particular phobia? Or talk about it at all?
That's sort of what I was going for with the Dali gif, but it didn't really hit it. For me it's the slicing, that sort of slow tugging of the flesh before it parts and blood starts welling up. I can see it in my eye, the last time I really cut myself plays back over and over as I think about it, all in slow motion. I can see most of the blood in it's bright red state, with swirls and fractals of dark dark red mixing into it. I see it dripping off of my hand. Then my hand starts to hurt. Then my stomach starts to hurt some.

Fuck.
This might've been a bad idea for a thread

Thank you, keeks. That's closer to the reaction I was hoping for

Can everyone find an example of what really tweaks you about your particular phobia? Or talk about it at all?
That's sort of what I was going for with the Dali gif, but it didn't really hit it. For me it's the slicing, that sort of slow tugging of the flesh before it parts and blood starts welling up. I can see it in my eye, the last time I really cut myself plays back over and over as I think about it, all in slow motion. I can see most of the blood in it's bright red state, with swirls and fractals of dark dark red mixing into it. I see it dripping off of my hand. Then my hand starts to hurt. Then my stomach starts to hurt some.

Fuck.
This might've been a bad idea for a thread

i love these types of threads but i KNOOOOOW some asswipe is gonna spam the thread with globules and I'm going to die

anyways...

NEEDLES: i have a serious phobia, i was in therapy and everything. when i was a little kid i was held down against my will cuz doctors had to draw some blood ASAP while my dad was stationed somewhere in the amazon. it was prob the single most traumatic experience of my whole life.
i was like 4 years old being held down by audits while i screamed and cried and vomited from fear

i cannot SEE a needle with out a full blown anxiety attack
the rubbing alcohol is a massive trigger too and that fucking gain rubber band??? ~~faints~~

i cant even see it on tv.

yeah, this video does it for me. most things in life i can handle. this shit makes me feel like dying. regardless, i still climb sheer rock walls, cliff jump into bodies of water, and hike steep mountain trails just for the thrill of accomplishment.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
When I was a kid a large tree (trunk approximately 2-3 feet thick in diameter) fell due to wind right in front of me.

Ever since then, when it's really windy, and I see the trees swaying, I get very uncomfortable.

yeah, where i live oak trees fall EVERY winter. it'll rain for weeks. then the winds kick up. four huge oaks have fallen within a football field perimeter during the last 3 months! sometimes just a very large branch will fall, but the noise is quite impressive. i fear a crushing may be in my future. a 20' branch fell right outside of my "double-wide" last week. btw, my chain saw is my best tool ever!

yeah, where i live oak trees fall EVERY winter. it'll rain for weeks. then the winds kick up. four huge oaks have fallen within a football field perimeter during the last 3 months! sometimes just a very large branch will fall, but the noise is quite impressive. i fear a crushing may be in my future a 20' branch fell right outside of my "double-wide" last week. btw, my chain saw is my best tool ever!
Yep. Hearing wind doesn't bother me. Hearing/feeling the wind pushing and swaying a building, nope I'm fine. But if I look out the window and I see branches 7-8 feet away from where they normally are, my heart starts beating faster.