We Broke the Dog

It's hard to train emotional attchemnt issues out .. some dogs are just prone to it. Not saying it isn't possible, but it's pretty stressful on the dog during the "training them out of it" process.

Kinda like people, who need to take meds for stress related/social anxiety issues (it's pretty much the same stuff, just lower doses).

Puppy Paxil, basically.

Bah, you should watch and/or read more Cesar Milan! :p

Bah, you should watch and/or read more Cesar Milan! :p

I think that guy is a KooK. I watched him on the "Today Show" and he was so nervous .. and the dogs were giving him a really hard time. He kept making excuses and he started sounding REALLY nervous the more the woman interviewing him grilled him about their misbehaivor.

I think his show is nothing more than smoke and mirrors .. akin the magic that is Chris Angel.

I don't buy it. :nope:

I think that guy is a KooK. I watched him on the "Today Show" and he was so nervous .. and the dogs were giving him a really hard time. He kept making excuses and he started sounding REALLY nervous the more the woman interviewing him grilled him about their misbehaivor.

I think his show is nothing more than smoke and mirrors .. akin the magic that is Chris Angel.

I don't buy it. :nope:

If you watched the show, then you'd know that you just explained yourself what went wrong. If he (the pack leader) was nervous, then that effects the entire pack. They won't listen to someone who gives off unstable energy. You should give him another chance, very interesting and not fake.

Well, I guess we all gotta believe in something .. some people believe in God, some people don't .. some people believe in Cesar Milan .. some don't.

He has his own television show .. he shouldn't have been nervous (doing extremely simplistic dog obedience) on tv doing something he does everyday imo.

He's just too "perfect" on his show .. it makes me extremely wary, especially since animals are concerned. When something is too good to be true, it's usually .. not true.

On Cesar, his show only seems fake because there is LOTS of time lapse. His stuff does work ... only part I wish he would cover is training a dog on other aspects except behavior.

Well, I guess we all gotta believe in something .. some people believe in God, some people don't .. some people believe in Cesar Milan .. some don't.

He has his own television show .. he shouldn't have been nervous (doing extremely simplistic dog obedience) on tv doing something he does everyday imo.

He's just too "perfect" on his show .. it makes me extremely wary, especially since animals are concerned. When something is too good to be true, it's usually .. not true.

Im too drunk to argue other than to say a TV show and live TV with live animals are COMPLETELY different.

edit: And most of that shit doesn't seem like common sense to you?

"A dog needs three things: EXercise, aFFECtion, and limmyTAYshuns."

"I don't train dogs. I train people."

--Cesar Milan

(that south park he was on was possibly the funniest one of all time)

Im too drunk to argue other than to say a TV show and live TV with live animals are COMPLETELY different.

edit: And most of that shit doesn't seem like common sense to you?

It makes sense to me because I know how to handle animals .. because I read books. He trys to make it seem like he came up with the shit himself. His books make it seem like he's the first person ont he planet to come up with the concept that we should make dogs mind in order for them not to tear shit up.

He doesn't fool me.

And as far as the live tv goes .. it was his OWN personal dogs .. so yeah, I expect they should have minded him .. since he's supposed to be the doggie dog trainer god, or so he thinks.

If he's "properly" trained them .. they should respond the same way everytime .. live tv or not. You take a dog in an obedience ring .. it's live .. they don't do retakes or time-lapse.

Why all this distaste for the man? He is actually trying to train humans on how to care for their dog since (I would guess...) 90% of humans incorrectly train their dog.

There is a great deal of ignorance, at least among the American population, on how to properly train a canine companion and he is the only one putting it out there on national TV how to do it.

He never claimed to be the first, where the fuck did you get that idea.

I didn't say he claimed it or said it .. but it is heavily implied. I simply just don't like him. The way his show makes it appear to the general population is that he can fix their dog over night (time lapse at it's finest) and that just isn't the case. It takes time to re-train a dog (or owner) that has been allowed to "run amuck" its whole life.

I just don't care for most of his approaches to training animals (or people). It might work, and it might work great .. but so does beating the stew out of them and making them submissive/subservient .. doesn't mean I agree with that either.

People know that they should train their dog ... the reason 90% of people who own problem dogs have problems dogs .. is because that cute little puppy they picked up grew up .. without anyone teaching it any manners, just like some people's children, and now it's terrorizing the household and they want someone ELSE to come fix it.

Animals are hard work .. I would be willing to wager that over 1/2 the people who are on his show .. their animals are right back to how they were less than 3 months after the show airs .. why? Because they are too lazy to continue to keep up with their dogs, and they discover that his methods (that looked soooooo easy on the television show they watched) aren't quite as easy or quick as they thought. So they lax off and end up right back where they started from.

I guess what Im getting at is, his whole approach reminds me of a fad diet.

You can't blame him for the laziness of Americans.

He's from Mexico, you know those fuckers work harder than anyone.

I didn't say he claimed it or said it .. but it is heavily implied. I simply just don't like him. The way his show makes it appear to the general population is that he can fix their dog over night (time lapse at it's finest) and that just isn't the case. It takes time to re-train a dog (or owner) that has been allowed to "run amuck" its whole life.

Again, it seems you're making rash judgments after not seeing much of the show. There are MANY times where he takes the dogs back to his "Dog Psychology Center" for rehabilitation. They are usually there for weeks.

I'm telling ya, give the show another chance.

I just don't care for most of his approaches to training animals (or people). It might work, and it might work great .. but so does beating the stew out of them and making them submissive/subservient .. doesn't mean I agree with that either.

Yes, but punishment doesn't work as quickly and sometimes has other negative side effects.

People know that they should train their dog ... the reason 90% of people who own problem dogs have problems dogs .. is because that cute little puppy they picked up grew up .. without anyone teaching it any manners, just like some people's children, and now it's terrorizing the household and they want someone ELSE to come fix it.

Animals are hard work .. I would be willing to wager that over 1/2 the people who are on his show .. their animals are right back to how they were less than 3 months after the show airs .. why? Because they are too lazy to continue to keep up with their dogs, and they discover that his methods (that looked soooooo easy on the television show they watched) aren't quite as easy or quick as they thought. So they lax off and end up right back where they started from.

I guess what Im getting at is, his whole approach reminds me of a fad diet.

Throughout the show, he stresses that having a dog is a full time job. At the end of each show, he gives an update about how each family is doing. Sometimes they are doing great, sometimes not so great. There is nothing he can do about that tho.

And the whole pack leader training has been around since we domesticated dogs like 10,000 years ago. There is nothing new about it, the only thing new is that someone who is very good at it has a TV show.

Do you take dares? I dare you to watch the show again, WITH AN OPEN MIND.