Tampa We Are in DC This Weekend... Anyone Up For Dinner/Drinks Friday Night?

We felt like we were going to topple over on this five hundred story escalator:

http://i.imgur.com/JaPCQ.jpg

kinda looks like the one going down to the marta train in my neighborhood. 190ft. longest escalator in the SE. /1up
it's disorienting to ride

277315088_57d8a3e6a5.jpg

In ahead of Waw

The longest freestanding (supported only at the ends) escalator in the world is inside CNN Center’s atrium in Atlanta, Georgia. It rises 8 stories and is 205 feet (62 m) long. Originally built as the entrance to the amusement park The World of Sid and Marty Krofft, the escalator is now used for CNN studio tours

This is the most boring and mundane 1up of all time.

no argument here

In ahead of Waw

The longest freestanding (supported only at the ends) escalator in the world is inside CNN Center’s atrium in Atlanta, Georgia. It rises 8 stories and is 205 feet (62 m) long. Originally built as the entrance to the amusement park The World of Sid and Marty Krofft, the escalator is now used for CNN studio tours

it's right outside my window as I type this. I don't know if that length is right though. both escalators are purported to be the longest in the SE however.

In ahead of Waw

Wheaton is a Washington Metro station in Montgomery County, Maryland on the Red Line.

The station serves the suburb of Wheaton, and is located at the intersection of Georgia Avenue (Maryland Route 97) and Reedie Drive. This station features the longest set of single-span escalators in the Western Hemisphere, each featuring a length of 230 feet (70 m),[1] with a vertical rise of 115 feet (35 m).[2] It is the second deepest station in the system, behind Forest Glen, which has an elevator-only exit due to its depth. The Wheaton's escalators travel with a speed of 90 feet (27 m) per minute (+/- 5 %) and are set at an inclination of 30 degrees.[3] The trip takes approximately two minutes and 45 seconds, though some commuters shorten the time by walking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheaton_(Washington_Metro)

I CANNOT BELIEVE... I have zero pics of Eileen. She was uber cute with her belly and her perfect hair and glowing skin. :mad: