Thread WAW's right. I haven't been here in a while :(

You should get one of these:

attachment.php

I have a love-hate relationship with the pre. It has an awesome notifications system, it has the most elegant system of managing contacts from multiple sources (synced over the air and redundant contacts linked together) ever, the gesture system for navigation keeps everything incredibly clean, and i simply couldn't ever go back to any other calendar program i've used. That said, 1.4 made me lose some photos (bug fix on the way, 1.4.1 to be released any day now) which was a major pisser (though all the best ones i'd uploaded to facebook already because it's so easy to share photos from the phone), and the speed and RAM gets me down sometimes. If I could go back, I'd have waited another four months for the verizon release of the pre plus.

I'm considering installing one of the overclocked kernels to help with performance, though battery life will take a hit.

Yup.. it's inline. Can i have one of my old freakin names back please? It took me forever to remember who i was for the damn login.

1. I'm heading up friday afternoon to Tampa, so yeah, lets grab a drink when i get there.
2. Yeah, The hero looks cool, but i REALLY want a keyboard. Can't wait for the 4g as i totalled my mogul. LOL
3. :heart: everyone. :D

The only reason i don't care for the touch pro is.. $350 dollars for a reactive touch screen. SERIOUSLY!@?@!. The pre is cool, i'll give it another week. If i don't get used to the keyboard it's going the way of the dodo. Update to 1.4 really hosed this thing.

youre coming to tampa?!?!?!

I have a love-hate relationship with the pre. It has an awesome notifications system, it has the most elegant system of managing contacts from multiple sources (synced over the air and redundant contacts linked together) ever, the gesture system for navigation keeps everything incredibly clean, and i simply couldn't ever go back to any other calendar program i've used. That said, 1.4 made me lose some photos (bug fix on the way, 1.4.1 to be released any day now) which was a major pisser (though all the best ones i'd uploaded to facebook already because it's so easy to share photos from the phone), and the speed and RAM gets me down sometimes. If I could go back, I'd have waited another four months for the verizon release of the pre plus.

I'm considering installing one of the overclocked kernels to help with performance, though battery life will take a hit.

Ive underclocked and undervolted my N1. I now get almost 4 days battery life. The best part, I can't even notice a difference...

PalmOS and Blackberry are such feeble systems compared to android and iPhone.

Quicker on lesser hardware (therefore longer battery life), more stable, less code fragmentation, easy to code against, no need for an app store (just run the .pdb file from anywhere into the Desktop Software). I missing how it's feeble.

Oh, and this was also 15 years ago. My Handspring is faster to bring up a contact list or calendar than any phone on the market today.

Blackberry is VERY solid though.

Easily the most indestructible phone I ever had both hardware and software wise.

iPhone gets an automatic lose becuase of the lack of a real keyboard

Palm loses because it's, well, Palm.

Android and WinMo I can get behind, but I'm not ready to assimilate into the Google Horde so I went WinMo.

Lame. Although 7 looks interesting, I don't like how MS just shunned HTC, the only maker proud of WinMo, by not letting them upgrade to 7 series on their new flagship that was just released.

palm and sprint are total has beens. you can have 'em

Palm should have kept up the R&D funding 10 years ago, then they would be useful. Sprint, how on earth are they hasbeens? Cheap rates, fastest data even without 4g, 4g, will have the best phone on the market this summer.

Palm should have kept up the R&D funding 10 years ago, then they would be useful. Sprint, how on earth are they hasbeens? Cheap rates, fastest data even without 4g, 4g, will have the best phone on the market this summer.

sprint has been hanging on by the skin of their teeth for years