Water Treatment?

S

smileynev

Any of you have a private well and/or septic system? New house is gonna have both, and the wife wants to treat our water to get rid of its hardness and iron crud. Obviously a water softener will take care of the first issue, and an iron filter of some kind will tackle the second one. Any recommendations on which way to go, seems like there are a lot of options out there.

Weve been considering installing a water filter system on the inbound side of the water heater. Im not much of a plumber tho so I just keep putting it off.
I saw a decent one at Home Depot for fifty bux and replacement filters were like twelve.

BigDov said:
I've got a well and we just put a new softener on it a couple months ago......... made all the difference in the world.
Did it help with the iron or just make your water soft?

Pancake Wagon said:
Did it help with the iron or just make your water soft?

Sorry for taking so long to get back- takes care of both. We've got really bad iron in the water (discolored clothes sometimes) and the one we got seems to do the trick.

BigDov said:
Sorry for taking so long to get back- takes care of both. We've got really bad iron in the water (discolored clothes sometimes) and the one we got seems to do the trick.
What kind did you get?